|Industry||Engineering / Construction|
|Revenue||£1,193.6 million (2012)|
|Operating income||£27.0 million (2012)|
|Net income||£18.7 million (2012)|
The Wates Group is one of the UK’s largest family-owned construction services and development companies.
Established by Edward Wates in 1897, the Company expanded into speculative housebuilding and general contracting in the 1920s and 1930s. During World War II it was involved in building the Mulberry harbours. It won the Building magazine Major Contractor of the Year award in both 2009 and 2010.
The group is split into six businesses: Construction, Living Space, Retail, Interiors, International (in Dubai) and Developments. There is also Wates Giving, a charity which has given away over £1.5m since 2008. Wates work across a range of sectors including education, public sector frameworks (BSF, Ministry of Justice Home Office), affordable housing, retail fit out and refurbishment, office interiors, land development and commercial buildings. Wates runs Building Futures, an education programme for the long-term unemployed. It is accredited by the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance.
Major projects 
Major projects include:
- RAF Keevil, completed 1941
- Orbis Energy, Lowestoft, completed 2008
- The Spa, Bridlington, completed 2008
- "Annual Report 2012". Wates. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Wates: history
- "Wates wins Major Contractor of the Year Double". Wates. April 28, 2010.
- "Wates Giving". Wates. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "Successful Community Engagement: Building Futures". RegenWM. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- Wiltshire History
- Sustainable Building Showcase is Energy Efficiency Gold Winner
- The Bridlington Spa
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|