The Wathen Hall at St Paul's School (London) in London is considered one of the most successful smaller concert halls to be built in London over the past decade. Designed by BHM Architects and opened in 1999 it forms part of the St Paul's School Music department and is used for school concerts as well as external events. The hall seats 316 people. Artists appearing there during the opening season included pianists Murray Perahia and Radu Lupu, and violinst Maxim Vengerov. The Wathen Hall has become well known as a recording venue for solo and chamber music and its acoustics have been widely praised.
Music at St Paul's
Music at St Paul's is an annual subscription concert series held at the Wathen Hall. Tickets are available to members of the general public, as well as to pupils and staff of St Paul's School and Colet Court and their families.
- Simon Mulligan (piano)
- The Swingle Singers
- The English Cornett and Sackbut Ensemble
- The Maggini Quartet with David Campbell (clarinet)
- The Big Chris Barber Band
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- Stravinsky: The Soldier's Tale & Walton: Façade (narrated by Jacqui Dankworth and Frances Jellard)
- Barbican Piano Trio
- James Gilchrist (tenor)
- Gabrieli Consort
- Emma Kirkby & the London Handel Players
- Philip Moore & Simon Crawford Philips (piano)
- Jacqui Dankworth & Quartet
- Peter & the Wolf; Carnival of the Animals
- British Youth Opera
- Gemma Rosefield
- St Paul’s Cathedral Choristers
- Henry Roche with Artists of the Royal Ballet
- Dame Emma Kirkby
- Aurora Orchestra conducted by Nicholas Collon
- Steve Reich & the London New Music Ensemble, The Smith Quartet and Sound Intermedia
- John Lill (piano)
- Keith Lewis (tenor) and Rachel Fuller (piano)
- Craig Ogden (guitar)
- Colin Currie Group and Synergy Vocals
- Dame Mitsuko Uchida
- James Gilchrist (tenor) and Anna Tilbrook (piano) on Friday, November 22nd 2013.
- Out of the Blue on Friday, December 13th 2013.
- Matthew Barley (cello) and Shai Wosner (piano) on Friday, January 31st 2014.
- The Big Chris Barber Band on Friday, February 28th 2014.
- Danny Driver (piano) on Friday, May 16th 2014.