|Birth name||Walter Buchan|
24 July 1956 |
|Genres||Street punk, Oi!, hardcore punk, crossover thrash, punk rock|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Secret, Captain Oi! Records|
Wattie Buchan was born in Edinburgh, Scotland on 24 July 1956. He served in the British Army as a soldier prior to joining The Exploited. He became interested in punk rock at age seventeen after hearing the Sex Pistols.
The Exploited are a Scottish punk rock band from the second wave of UK punk, formed in 1980. Originally a street punk band, they transformed into a faster hardcore punk band with a heavy political influence. Formed in Edinburgh by ("Wattie") Buchan, they signed to Secret Records in March 1981 and released their debut EP Army Life. The album Punks Not Dead followed in the same year. Despite many lineup changes, the band continued into the 2000s and has developed a worldwide following. In 2012 the band started writing material for a new album.
In February 2014 Buchan suffered a heart attack on stage in Lisbon, Portugal. The Exploited had been touring with Hatebreed and Napalm Death. He was admitted to S. José Hospital in Lisbon after the show and later moved to S. Marta Hospital to fully recover and undergo heart surgery. The Exploited cancelled the remaining of the Tour Of Chaos 2014 due to Buchan's condition. On June 29, 2014, The Exploited's Facebook page updated on Wattie's condition, saying that after a successful heart operation, the band is back to practicing new material.
- "Artist: Wattie Buchan". Second Hand Songs. 15 February 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Wattie Buchan info".
- The Exploited +++ Real Punk Rock Since 1980. The-Exploited.net. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "RED magazine". Red-mag.com. 18 September 2003. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- The Exploited +++ Real Punk Rock Since 1980. The-Exploited.net. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Scots punk band The Exploited cancel European tour after frontman has heart attack on stage
- Tour of Chaos
- had our first band practice since watties heart... - The Exploited (the real exploited page)