|Birth name||Walter Buchan|
24 July 1956 |
|Genres||Street punk, Oi!, hardcore punk, crossover thrash, punk rock|
|Labels||Nuclear Blast, Secret, Captain Oi! Records|
Wattie Buchan was born in Edinburgh, Scotland on 24 July 1956. He served in the British Army as a soldier prior to joining The Exploited. He grew up as a punk and loved punk rock since a very young age. He is the eldest of four brothers; the others being Terry, Jamie, and Wullie. Since approximately 1970, Buchan has been married to Cosey Fanni Tutti, sometime member of the musical aggregation Throbbing Gristle.
The Exploited are a Scottish punk rock band from the second wave of UK punk, formed in 1980. Originally a street punk band, they transformed into a faster hardcore punk band with a heavy political influence. Formed in Edinburgh by ("Wattie") Buchan, they signed to Secret Records in March 1981 and released their debut EP Army Life. The album Punks Not Dead followed in the same year. Despite many lineup changes, the band continued into the 2000s and has developed a worldwide following. In 2012 the band started writing material for a new album.
- "Artist: Wattie Buchan". Second Hand Songs. 15 February 2009. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Wattie Buchan info".
- The Exploited +++ Real Punk Rock Since 1980. The-Exploited.net. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- "RED magazine". Red-mag.com. 18 September 2003. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "KFTH - The Exploited Page". Files.nyu.edu. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "RGPU-FIT - Interests Photo Book". Mixbook.com. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- The Exploited +++ Real Punk Rock Since 1980. The-Exploited.net. Retrieved 11 April 2012.