From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up wattle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wattle may refer to:
- Wattle (anatomy), a fleshy growth hanging from the head or neck of certain animals.
- Wattle (dermatology), another term for Congenital cartilaginous rest of the neck
- Wattle (construction), woven strips of wood forming panels used for fencing or for walling.
- Wattle (construction), long flexible netted tube of straw or excelsior fiber used for sediment control on hillside and ditches.
- Wattle-and-daub, a building technique using woven wooden supports packed with clay or mud
- Croatian wattle, a decorative pattern found in medieval Croatian art
- Wattle Day, an Australian celebration of the first day of spring
- Steam tug Wattle, a vessel formerly in commercial service in Victoria Harbour, Melbourne, Australia
Wattle may also refer to:
- Wattle, a common name for trees and shrubs in the genus Acacia, especially in Australia and South Africa.
- Black wattle, a common name for several species of acacia, as well as the unrelated Callicoma.
- Golden wattle, a species of acacia which embodies the Australian country.
- Sunshine wattle, a species of acacia which grows in southeastern Australia.
- Wattle bagworm, a caterpillar native to Southern Africa
- Wattlebird, a member of the Honeyeater family, native to Australia
- Wattle-eye, a family of small insect-eating birds native to Africa
- Three-wattled Bellbird, a migratory bird native to Central America and South America
- Bob Wattles, American politician (Florida)
- Gurdon Wattles, Hollywood financier
- James Wattles, Illinois frontier judge
- John O. Wattles, Ohio utopian pioneer
- Nathaniel Wattles (d. 1798), American politician (New York)
- Sluman Wattles, American politician (New York)
- Stan Wattles (b. 1961), racecar driver
- Steven Wattles, Union Army Colonel (of 1st Indian Home Guard)
- Wallace Wattles (1860-1911), American author
- Wattle Cove, Auckland, New Zealand
- Wattle Dam Gold Mine, a gold mine near Kambalda, Western Australia
- Wattle Downs, Auckland, New Zealand
- Wattle Glen, Victoria, Australia
- Wattle Grove, New South Wales, a suburb of Sydney
- Wattle Grove, Western Australia, a suburb of Perth
- Wattle Hill, New South Wales, a suburb of Leeton
- Wattle Park, Melbourne, a park known for its plantation of wattle trees
- Wattle Park, South Australia, a suburb of Adelaide
- Wattle Range Council, a local government area in South Australia
- Wattles House, a house in Omaha, Nebraska, owned by Gurdon Wattles
- Wattles Mansion, a house in Hollywood, California, owned by Gurdon Wattles
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.