Wauconda High School
|Wauconda High School|
|555 North Main Street
Wauconda, Illinois, 60084
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold|
Wauconda High School, officially Wauconda Community High School, and most commonly WHS, is a public four-year high school located in Wauconda, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is part of Wauconda Community Unit School District 118.
Wauconda first opened its doors in September 1915.
In 2007, Wauconda had an average composite ACT score of 19.9, and graduated 97.6% of its senior class (compared to the state average of 85.9%). The average class size is 20.4. Wauconda has made Adequate Yearly Progress on the Prairie State Achievements Examination, a state test part of the No Child Left Behind Act.
The staff consists of 118 teachers. 59% of teachers hold an advanced degree.
- Music-Instrumental (Concert Band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, Pit orchestra)
- Music-Vocal (Concert Choir, Varsity Choir, Swing Choir)
- Pom/Dance Team (Varsity and JV)
- Academic Team
- Math Team
- Student Council
- Cheerleading (Varsity and JV)
- National Honor Society
- Theater/Drama Club (Fall Musical, Spring Play)
- Cross Country
- Girls Volleyball
- In-Touch (Snowball)
- TATU (Teens Against Tobacco Use)
- First Class
- Peer Mediation
- Special Olympics Basketball
- Tennis (Girls and Boys with Varsity and JV)
- Green Club
- Bulldog TV
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|