|Broadcast area||East Dorset, South Hampshire, Isle of Wight and parts of West Sussex and Wiltshire|
|Slogan||The South's Best Variety of Hits|
|Frequency||FM: 105.2, 105.8 MHz
11C (South Hampshire)
|First air date||14 June 1998|
|Audience share||12.1% (December 2013, )|
Wave 105 is a British regional commercial radio station broadcasting across East Dorset, South Hampshire, Isle of Wight and parts of West Sussex and Wiltshire. Playing a mix of adult contemporary music, it combines presenter-led shows with local news and information, entertainment guides and competitions. The station forms part of the Bauer City network. Almost its entire output is locally produced.
Based in a studio complex at Segensworth East, on the outskirts of Fareham, the station broadcasts on 105.2 MHz (South Hampshire, Isle of Wight, West Sussex and Wiltshire) and 105.8 MHz (East Dorset) FM, as well as on DAB digital radio and online.
Wave 105 began broadcasting on 14 June 1998. News is provided by Wave 105's local news team in conjunction with Sky News.
Wave 105 revealed its highest listening figures ever in December 2013. Audience research from RAJAR showed the station had 438,000 people tuning in, for an average of 10.3 hours a week, delivering 4,520,000 total listening hours each week, making it the commercial leader in the south of England.
Current presenters and shows
- Steve Power - 'Steve Power at Breakfast', weekdays 05:30-09:00, joined by Selina Ross.
- Mark Collins - 'Mark Collins' Morning Show' and 'The Golden Hour', weekdays 09:00-01:00, with Selina Ross on travel. Also hosts 'FloorFillers' on Saturdays 18:00-00:00 and Saturday Breakfast 07:00-10:00 including The Golden Hour.
- Andy Jackson - 'The Evening Show', Mondays - Thursdays 20:00-00:00. Also hosts '80's Friday Night FloorFillers' on Fridays 20:00-00:00 and Sunday Afternoons 14:00 - 18:00.
- Rick Jackson - 'The Big Drive Home' and 'The Golden Hour', joined by Kate Weston and Michael Coombes. Monday-Friday 16:00-20:00, Saturday morning 10:00-14:00 and 'Teenage Kicks' on Sundays 18:00-21:00.
- Gary Parker - 'Early Breakfast', weekdays 04:00-05:30.
- Simon Clarke - 'Simon Clarke in the Afternoon', weekdays 13:00-16:00. Sunday Breakfast 07:00-10:00. including The Golden Hour and Sunday Evenings 21:00 - 00:00 .
- Tim Allen - 'Weekend 'Early Breakfast' Saturday 05:00 - 07:00 and Sunday 04:00 - 07:00
- Tim Allen - 'Overnights' Monday-Fridays 12:00-04:00.
- Rick Jones - 'Overnights', Saturday 00:00-05:00 and Sunday 00:00-04:00.
- Nick Piercey - Sunday morning 10:00-14:00
- Andy Shier - Saturday afternoon 14:00-18:00
Now owned by media company Bauer Radio, Wave 105 was initially created by a group of private investors under the name of The Radio Partnership. The station was then sold to Kelvin MacKenzie's Wireless Group. The Wireless Group eventually sold Wave 105 to Scottish Radio Holdings (SRH) who were acquired by EMAP in 2005. The station is run by Managing Director Martin Ball, with Andy Shier as Programme Director.
|Transmitter Site||Frequency||Power||RDS Name||PI Code||Area|
|Chillerton Down||105.2 MHz||10,000W||Wave_105||C3AD||South Hampshire, Isle of Wight, West Sussex and Wiltshire|
|Poole Relay||105.8 MHz||625W||Wave_105||C3AD||East Dorset|
|Multiplex Name||Bitrate||Short Label||Long Label||Sld|
|NOW South Hampshire||128kbit/s||Wave 105||Wave 105||C3AD|
|NOW Bournemouth||128kbit/s||WAVE 105||WAVE 105||C3AD|