|City of license||Pasig City|
|Broadcast area||Metro Manila and surrounding areas|
|Slogan||"Your Urban Music Source"|
|First air date||1975 (as KB 89.1)
1988 (as 89 DMZ)
2001 (as Wave 89.1)
2008 (as Wave 891)
|Callsign meaning||WAVe 891|
|Former callsigns||DWKB-FM (1975-1988)
|Owner||Tiger 22 Media Corporation
(Blockbuster Broadcasting System)
DWAV (89.1 FM) - broadcasting as WAVE 891 - is a rhythmic and urban contemporary radio station that plays a Contemporary R&B, Funk, Motown, Hip-Hop, Old School Rap, Quiet Storm format. It is owned and operated by Blockbuster Broadcasting System, Inc. in the Philippines. The station's studio is located at the room 201 Strata 2000 Bldg., Ortigas Center, Pasig City, with its transmitter located at the front of the Coca-Cola Sales Office, Roosevelt Ave., San Francisco del Monte, Quezon City, sharing transmitter facility with IBC 13 which was the former owner of the station until 2001.
Known as DWKB-FM (KB 89.1), the station first aired in 1975 and in a short time, became one of the country's most listened to easy listening FM music stations.
he station later rebranded as 89 DMZ, which played dance, hip hop and remixed music. The late rapper, Francis Magalona, worked with the station through his program, "The Word-up Show", which aired on Saturday nights. It also became the home of the "Mobile Circuit".
Wave 89.1 (2001–2008)
In 2001, IBC and Blockbuster Broadcasting System went into a government-sponsored bidding and Blockbuster Broadcasting System won the frequency rights as Wave 891 (callsign then changed to DWAV). However, the network still shares its transmission facilities of IBC 13 to this day.
Wave 891 began regular operations shortly on March 1, 2001 as Wave 89.1, after Quest, through a government-sponsored bidding, won the rights to the frequency and the facilities of the defunct and sequestered DZMZ (Danze Muzic Zone 89 DMZ, then owned by Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation).
WAVE 891 (2008–present)
Managed by former Magic 89.9 jock Rolando Sulit a.k.a. Joe D'Mango, the station began its operations with a pop soul, pop jazz easy listening format. Some months later, its programming gradually shifted to full pop R&B (also known as Rhythmic contemporary). As of 2009, the station started playing hip-hop tunes. In 2008, the point was eliminated from the title and the station became known as Wave 891.
- The Funny Side Up - Hosted by Gee Canlas and Chiqui; Weekdays, 6am - 9am.
- The Flow - Hosted by H-Town; Weekdays, 9am - 12nn.
- Ear Candy - Hosted by Anne; Weekdays, 12nn - 3pm.
- Joyride - Hosted by Margaux; Weekdays, 3pm - 6pm.
- The Wild Side - Hosted by KC Montero and Jimmy Muna; Weekdays, 6pm - 9pm.
- Last Call - Hosted by The Mighty Dash; Weekdays, 9pm - 12mn.
- Dreamsounds - Hosted by Jason on the Radio; Weekdays, 12mn - 3am.
- B.I.T.D. (Back In The Day) - Wednesdays, all day.
- Throw Down - Fridays 8pm - 9pm (on The Wild Side)
- Weekend Flava - Saturdays, all day.
- Sunday Cool Out - Sundays 12mn - 6pm.
- The Quiet Storm - Sundays 6pm - 12mn.
- Jason on the Radio
- The Mighty Dash
- Jun DJ
- Jimmy Muna
- Gee Canlas
- KC Montero
|89 DMZ||Your Danze Muzic Zone||1989-2001|
|Wave 89.1||Soft Favorites, All The Time||2001-2002|
|Wave 89.1||Your Lifestyle, Your Music||2002-2008|
|Wave 891||Your Most Influential R&B Station||2008-2011|
|Wave 891||Representing Hip Hop and R&B||2011-2012|
|Wave 891||Your Urban Music Source||2013-present|
Compilations CDs Of Wave 891
- Dream Sounds (MCA Music Philippines, 2002)
- Dream Sounds 2 (MCA Music Philippines, 2003)
- Dream Sounds 3 (EMI Music Philippines, 2005)
- Feel Good Fridays (EMI Music Philippines, 2006)
- MYMP: "New Horizon" (Ivory Music, 2006) (in collaboration with Magic 89.9, Jam 88.3, 90.7 Love Radio & Yes! FM 101.1)
- Freestyle: "Back At The Yard" (Viva Records, 2007) (in collaboration with Magic 89.9)
- Soul Obsessions: Duets With Thor (Ivory Music, 2007)
- Nyoy Volante: "Heartstrings" (Vicor Music Corp., 2008)
- MYMP: "Now" (Ivory Music, 2008) (in collaboration with Jam 88.3, 90.7 Love Radio & Yes! FM 101.1)
- Six O Slow/The Quiet Storm Album (MCA Music Philippines, 2009)
- Nina-Renditions of the Soul (Warner Music Philippines, 2009)
- Freestyle: "Playlist" (Viva Records, 2009) (in collaboration with Magic 89.9, Jam 88.3 & 99.5 RT)
- Princess Velasco: Addicted To Acoustic (Viva Records, 2009) (in collaboration with Jam 88.3 & Mellow 947.)