|Founders||Gilad Keren, Chief Executive Officer; Meir Shaashua, Chief Technological Officer|
|Products||Plug-ins for audio production|
Waves Audio Ltd. is a developer and supplier of professional audio signal processing technologies and audio effects, used in recording, mixing, mastering, post production, surround, live, and broadcast sound. Since the early 1990s, Waves processors have been available as plugins for most popular audio hosts and platforms, including Audio Units, TDM, DirectX, MAS, VST and AAX.
Under its Maxx brand, Waves offers its technologies as DSP semiconductors and licensable algorithms for consumer electronics. Technologies from the Maxx brand have been used in products from companies including Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Sanyo, JVC, and Altec Lansing. Maxx technologies are offered to enhance audio performance and improve sound in televisions, laptops, mobile phones, VoIP, and portable loudspeaker systems.
Copyright and trademark lawsuits
In 2010, Waves Audio was involved in two lawsuits regarding intellectual property infringements and illegal use of its software. In one lawsuit, with the defendant Skyline Recording Studios NYC, Waves won, and in the other, with the defendant Quad Recording Studios, the defendant admitted liability.
In September 2004, Sony announced that new VAIO PCs would include a mastering software suite with plug-ins from Sony Oxford (now Sonnox) and Waves.
- "1992: Waves Q10 Paragraphic EQ First Audio Plug-In". MixOnline. 2011-01-01. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Technical GRAMMY Award: Waves Audio Ltd.". 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Waves Audio To Receive Technical Grammy Award (ProSoundWeb)". ProSoundWeb. 2010-12-23. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Waves Audio To Receive Technical Grammy Award (MixOnline)". MixOnline. 2010-12-28. Retrieved 2014-02-24.
- "Dell Unveils Redesigned Inspiron Laptop Portfolio". Hot Hardware. 2012-06-05. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Toshiba Improves Laptop Sound Quality by Enlisting Waves MaxxAudio". Mobile Magazine. 2007-08-22. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Recording: Waves Audio Prevails Against Copyright Infringement". Pro Sound Web. 2010-05-19. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Software Beware". Grammy.com. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Waves Audio Slaps Motorola With 'Maxx' Trademark Suit". Law 360. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "News - Sony bundle mastering suite with flagship VAIO PCs". Soundonsound.com. Retrieved 2014-03-12.