|Headquarters||San Diego, California|
Wavetek was an electronic test equipment manufacturer that made function generators and signal generators. Although Wavetek did not invent the function generator, it made them commercially popular.
Before Terrence Gooding, president and CEO of Wavetek, made Wavetek private in 1991, the company had 800 employees, 260 of whom worked in San Diego. The company had plants in the US states California, Florida, Indiana, and New York. It had overseas locations in Germany, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
- California Secretary of State records for Wavetek, entity C0446337
- Riggs, Rod (1993-12-22). "Wavetek on Crest of Success". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved 2010-10-03. Unknown parameter
- Rostky, George (March 13, 2001), Design classics: the function generator, EE Times, retrieved March 31, 2012. History of the function generator.
- Rose, Craig D. (1994-10-12). "Wavetek becomes even less 'defensive'". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Unknown parameter
- "Wavetek's Sale is Agreed to". Los Angeles Times. 1991-02-26. Archived from the original on 2010-10-02. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- "Willtek: Wavetek became Willtek Communications GmbH.". Willtek. Archived from the original on 2010-10-02. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|