Way Out West (Mae West album)
|Way Out West|
|Studio album by Mae West|
|Genre||Garage rock, Rock and roll|
|Mae West chronology|
Way Out West is a rock and roll album recorded and released in 1966 by film star Mae West. The LP consisted mainly of covers of popular songs of the day. Teen rock band Somebody's Chyldren provided instrumental accompaniment. The album was released by Tower Records, a subsidiary of Capitol Records.
The album was a surprise success, peaking at #116 on Billboard's Hot 200 LP chart although there were no original hit singles from the collection. West was 72 at the time, making her the oldest woman to ever have a solo album on the Hot 200 chart, a long-held record broken in 2011 by Wanda Jackson, then 73, with her The Party Ain't Over release.
Way Out West was never released on CD, but in 2009 the album was made available in digital format.
- Side A
|1.||"Treat Him Right"||Roy Head, Mya Simille, Dick Rivers||2:11|
|2.||"When a Man Loves a Woman"||Calvin Lewis, Andrew Wright||2:30|
|3.||"You Turn Me On"||Ian Whitcomb||2:56|
|4.||"Shakin' All Over"||Johnny Kidd||3:00|
|5.||"If You Gotta Go"||Bob Dylan||2:50|
|6.||"Lover, Please Don't Fight"||Allen Terry||2:10|
- Side B
|3.||"Twist and Shout"||Phil Medley, Bert Berns||2:35|
|4.||"Boom Boom"||John Hooker||3:20|
|US Billboard 200||116|
- "Way Out West - Mae West". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved 2010-12-26.
- Louvish, Simon (2006). Mae West: It Ain't No Sin. Faber and Faber. p. 394. ISBN 978-0-571-21949-0.
- "Mondo Phono: Mae West, Way Out West, Capitol (1966)". londonyodeller.ca. Retrieved 2014-12-27.
- "Mae West - Way Out West (Vinyl, LP, Album)". Discogs. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- "Mae West Awards". www.allmusic.com. Retrieved 2014-12-27.