Blackshear in 2013
|No. 20 – Louisville Cardinals|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
|League||American Athletic Conference|
February 11, 1992 |
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||230 lb (104 kg)|
|High school||Morgan Park (Chicago, Illinois)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Blackshear graduated from Morgan Park High School in Chicago, Illinois. Blackshear averaged 7.6 points per game playing for the Louisville Cardinals in 2012–13. He won 2013 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament with Cardinals in 2012–13.
Blackshear played basketball for Curie Metropolitan High School before transferring to crosstown rival Morgan Park High School. He earned 2010 and 2011 first team All-State recognition from the Chicago Tribune, and was 2011 Chicago Sun-Times Sun-Times Player of the Year. He was a 2011 McDonald's All-American and a Parade All-American.
- "Wayne Blackshear". University of Louisville Sports Information. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- "Wayne Blackshear". Basketball.realgm.com. Retrieved April 9, 2013.
- Sakamoto, Bob (2009-01-27). "Top basketball player Wayne Blackshear transfers from Curie to Morgan Park: Move likely to trigger Public League investigation". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Helfgot, Mike (2011-04-02). "Boys basketball - 2011 Chicago Tribune All-State first team: Two All-Americans, two Mr. Basketballs and a Nader make up top five". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Helfgot, Mike (2010-04-03). "2010 Chicago Tribune boys basketball All-State first team: Morgan Park's Wayne Blackshear". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- O'Brien, Michael (2011-03-18). "Boat show closes". Chicago Sun-Times. p. 48.
- Powers, Scott (2011-03-28). "Wayne Blackshear dislocates shoulder". ESPN. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- McLaughlin, Brian (2011-04-03). "Meet PARADE's All-America High School Boys Basketball Team". Parade. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
|This University of Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|