|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010)|
Cochran in 1969.
|Born||1939 (age 74–75)|
|Origin||Thomaston, Georgia, United States|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Labels||Chess Records, King Records, Epic Records, Raven Records|
|Associated acts||Wayne Cochran and the C.C. Riders, Jaco Pastorius|
|Website||Official website of Wayne Cochran & The C.C. Riders|
Wayne Cochran (born 1939, Thomaston, Georgia, United States) is an American soul singer, known for his outlandish outfits and white pompadour. He is sometimes referred to as The White Knight of Soul.
Cochran is best known today for writing the song "Last Kiss", which he performed with his band, Wayne Cochran and the C.C. Riders. Although it was not a success for him, later covers by J. Frank Wilson and Pearl Jam became hits.
- Wayne Cochran! 1967; Chess Records
- Alive & Well & Living....In A Bitch Of A World 1970; King Records
- High & Ridin' 1970; King Records
- Cochran 1972; Epic Records
- The White Knight of Soul 1959-72: Get Down With It! 2005; Raven Records
- "Love Strikes Again" 2010 Jukebox Entertainment
|This article on a singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|