|Wayne W. Ford|
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 65th district
|Preceded by||Carmine Boal|
|Residence||Des Moines, Iowa|
|Alma mater||Drake University|
Wayne W. Ford is the Iowa State Representative from the 65th District. He has served in the Iowa House of Representatives since 1997.
Early life and education
Ford was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up living in Washington's inner city. He graduated from Ballou High school. After high school, he received a football scholarship to play at Rochester Junior College in Minnesota. In 1974, he obtained his Bachelor's degree in Education from Drake University where he played on a football scholarship.
Ford currently serves on several committees in the Iowa House - the Appropriations committee; the Economic Growth committee; the Human Resources committee; and the Government Oversight committee, where he is vice chair.
- Founder of Brown & Black Presidential Forum- 1984
- Founder of Urban Dreams- 1985
- "FROM THE HOOD TO THE HILL: AN URBAN DREAM". Wayne Ford & Associates. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- Representative Wayne Ford official Iowa General Assembly site
- Representative Wayne W. Ford official constituency site
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|Iowa House of Representatives|
1997 – 2003
Jim Van Engelenhoven
2003 – present
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|