About Schoenfeld’s fine art photography Chun-Sun Jin said “Schoenfeld takes pictures rather than photographs, his carefully orchestrated images appear, at a glance, like classic paintings”.
In 2011, Schoenfeld's self-styled and staged circus imagery, "Icons/Iconoclasts", have been exhibited in Cirque de Demain (Paris, January 27–30, 2011) and Tohu City of Circus (Montreal, February 15-April 17, 2011). His fine art photography has been exhibited throughout North America, Asia and Europe and is in the permanent collections of the Santa Barbara County Arts Commission, Complesso del Vittoriano, National Museum of Contemporary Art (Seoul), and Cirque du Soleil Montreal. His work has appeared in a number of publications including Los Angeles Daily, Harpers Bazaar, American Photo, and Design.,
Since 2003, fifteen of Schoenfeld's monograph books of photography have been published; Brittle Glory: The Face of Change, a collection of portraits taken in the Cuban countryside and the Kurdish territories in Southeastern Turkey, Surface Tension, a selection of portraits and impressions of the female form, Through The Eyes Of Man, a photographic interpretation of biblical lore, There Are No Answers, If The Questions Aren't Asked, Almost Perfect, Mission To India and Through This World But Once. Two gallery portfolio books, in French and English versions, "Masques et Mystèresé" and "Masques et Mystères: Revisité" have been assembled by Great Circle Books and A&I Books.
Through his production company, New Democracy Productions, Schoenfeld is the executive producer and director of a growing number of documentary films including, "The Memory Box", an Official Selection of the Boston, Montreal, Columbus and Addis Ababa International Film Festivals and the award winning short subjects "In the Shadow of Shangri-La", filmed in Nepal and "Everyday is a Gift", filmed in South Africa. His latest project "Liberia: Emerging From the Shadows?" launched in September 2014 already received the Best Documentary Feature Award at Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood., an Award of Merit at Accolade Competition  and Best Short Competition . This feature documentary provides a glimpse into the daily struggles and triumphs of the Liberian people, following decades of civil war, a complete breakdown of basic services, infrastructure and political turmoil.
He is a member of the Photographic Arts Council of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
Trained as a psychologist, in 1973, Schoenfeld was the co-founder and Director of the Los Angeles Guidance and Counseling Service; by 1978 the tax-exempt non-profit LAGCS was one of the largest providers of outpatient mental health services in the state of California.
1979-1995 CEO and Chairman of Air L.A. Inc., the first airline in the United States to fly under an international code sharing partnership. In 1994 the airline expanded after a successful NASDAQ public offering.
2003-Current - Chairman of the Board of Directors, Great Circle Books. GCB was organized to publish works of social and humanitarian consequence. The funds raised through the sale of books are designated to support a number of charities and humanitarian projects.
Schoenfeld is a successful businessman, an award winning photographer and a publisher. He contributes to humanitarian work around the world, has published two books documenting the work of Rotaplast International, including the "Most Life Changing" Book of 2004 by the Independent Publisher Book Award, Almost Perfect. His work is well known in galleries and museums around the world where the proceeds from his art are donated to children's projects and humanitarian efforts.
Schoenfeld continues to document in photographic images and motion pictures the work of great charitable and volunteer efforts around the world.
- February 2004 - BGH Gallery - The Miss Liberty Series, Los Angeles
- September 2004 - Photo District Gallery - Vanity – The series, New York
- December 2005 - Korean National Museum of Contemporary Art Purchases Schoenfeld Images
- April 2006 - Gora Gallery - Circus of Life, Montréal
- April 2006 - Rape of the Sabine Women and Vanity, Beverly Hills 
- June 2006 - Circus of Life, Los Angeles
- October 2006 - Los Angeles County Museum of Art - Photographic Arts Council
- March 2007 - EYE to I Gallery - Exhibition and Book signing- Through This World But Once, Los Angeles 
- October 2007 - Cirque du Soleil – Icons/Iconoclasts (Private Exhibition - Invited Guests Only)
- December 2007 - Hollywood Gallery Book Signing and Exhibition- Icons/Iconoclasts, A&I 
- March 2008 - D'Un Œil Différent – Collective exhibition
- April 2008 - ONF (Montréal) – Through This World But Once
- September 2008 - 400th Anniversary of Québec - Through This World But Once
- November 2008 - Society of Art and Technology (SAT) (Montréal) - Through This World But Once
- February 2009 - All Nighter 2009 – Art Souterrain / Palais des Congrès (Montréal) - Icons/Iconoclasts
- March 2009 - Project Blue – Benefit to Help a Life Foundation (Los Angeles) - Through This World But Once
- April 2009 - Complesso del Vittoriano (Rome) – Rape of the Sabine Women 
- April 2009 - Department of Cultural Affairs, Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery (Los Angeles)
- May 2009 - Galerie SAS (Montréal) - Icons/Iconoclasts 
- August 2009 - Espace Cultural Ample (Barcelona) - Collective exhibition Vanity
- December 2010 - L'Enfant Plaza Gallery (Washington, DC) - Footprints in the Sand 
- January 2011 - Cirque de Demain (Paris) - Icons/Iconoclasts
- February 2011 - Tohu City of Circus, (Montreal) - Icons/Iconoclasts 
- March - October 2011 - Illusion and Circus Museum(France) - Icons/Iconoclasts
- September 2012 - Montreal (Canada) Cabaret Prohibition - Extract from “Icons/Iconoclasts, the Circus comes to Town”
- March 2013 - Montreal (Canada) D’un oeil different - Extract from “Nepal”.
- August 2013 - Montreal, Canada - Loft Hôtel - Icons/Iconoclasts, the Circus comes to Town
- July and August 2013 - New York City, USA - Powerhouse Arena - Icons/Iconoclasts and Circus of The Heart
- July 25 to September 10 2013 - Long Island City, NY - See // Exhibition space - Extract from Humanitarian and Circus artworks.
- August 2013 - EarthWE Salon Bergamot Station - Honoring the volunteer Medical Missions of Rotaplast International - Los Angeles (USA)
- 2001 : Brittle Glory: The Face of Change. Los Angeles: SWC Editions. ISBN 0-9713154-0-X. A collection of intimate portraits taken in the Cuban countryside and the Kurdish territories in Southeastern Turkey.
- 2001 : Surface Tension. Los Angeles: SWC Editions. ISBN 0-9713154-1-8. A selection of portraits and impressions of the female form.
- 2002 : Through the Eyes of Man. Los Angeles: SWC Editions. ISBN 0972769609. A photographic interpretation of biblical lore.
- 2003 : Almost Perfect. Los Angeles: SWC Editions. ISBN 0-9727696-3-3.
- 2004 : "Mission to India", American Photo magazine, November/December 2004, pp 12–13. Studio City, CA: SWC Editions / Great Circle Books. ISBN 0-9727696-6-8.
- 2005 : There Are No Answers, If the Questions Aren't Asked. ISBN 0-9727696-8-4. In English and Korean.
- 2007 : Through This World But Once. ISBN 978-0-9798631-1-0.
- 2007 : Icons/Iconoclasts. Great Circle Books. Paperbound ISBN 978-0-9798631-4-1.
- 2009 : Footprints in the Sand. Great Circle Books. Hardcover ISBN 978-0-9798631-9-6.
- 2010 : Icons/Iconoclasts: The Circus Comes to Town. Great Circle Books, Hardcover, ISBN 978-0-9798631-9-6. French/English
- 2010 : Masques et Mystères. Great Circle Books. Hardcover. French/English
- 2010 : Masques et Mystères: Revisité. Great Circle Books. Hardcover. French/English
- 2011 : Icons/Iconoclasts: The Circus Comes to Town Special 2011 edition for Princesse Stephanie of Monaco. Great Circle Books.Hardcover. French/English
- 2011 : Intersections in the Land of Eternal Spring. Great Circle Books.Hardcover. English
- 2014 : The Unblinking Lens: volume 1. Great Circle Books.Hardcover. English
- 2014 : The Unblinking Lens: volume 2. Great Circle Books.Hardcover. English
- 2014 : Liberia: Emerging From the Shadows. New Democracy Productions.Hardcover. English
- 2014 : "Liberia: Emerging From the Shadows?"
- 2011 : "Mujeres"
- 2011 : "Intersections in the Land of Eternal Spring"
- 2010 : "Everyday is a Gift" (in post-production)
- 2010 : "In The Shadow of Shangri-La", Award of Excellence and Award of Merit in 2011.
- 2009 : "The Memory Box", Award of Excellence in 2012, 2011 and 2009, Honourable Mention en 2009.
Aknowledgments and Recognitions
- Eric Hoffer Books Award Winner in 2012 for Icons/Iconoclasts : the Circus comes to Town,
- Award of Excellence as Film Director for The Memory Box at the 2012 Accolade Competition
- Award of Excellence as Film Director for In the Shadow of Shangri-La at the 2011 Los Angeles
- Award of Merit as Film Director for In the Shadow of Shangri-La at the 2011 Best Short
- Award of Excellence as Film Director for The Memory Box at the 2011 Best Short
- HERO AWARD in 2010 for his work on Everyday is a Gift
- 2003 Best Independant Book Award for Brittle Glory
Notes and references
- Art of Photography 2006 http://www.artofphotographyshow.com/2006/photos.htm. Independent Publisher Book Awards url = http://www.independentpublisher.com/article.php?page=864 | title = Announcing Winners and Finalists for the Independent Publisher Book Awards 2004 | publisher = Independent Publishers | accessdate = 2009-07-13}
- Chun-Sun Jin, "In a Photographer's Work the Reflection of an Artist," New York Times - International Herald Tribune, Friday, March 18, 2005, page 6, "Style".
- Hall 1 : Wayne Schoenfeld : Icônes / Iconoclastes", Cirque de Demain; "Vernissage expo photo", You, Le Parisien; "Exposition : Vernissage de l’exposition photographique Icônes/Iconoclastes de Wayne Schoenfeld", Artistes contemporains
- "Off the Wall", The Santa Barbara Independent, Thursday March 12, 2009
- ISBN 978-88-492-1645-5 Gengemi Editore - Catalog of the Museum
- 2007, Citizenship Review, Cirque du Soleil, Icons/Iconoclasts by Photographer Wayne Schoenfeld
- Los Angeles Daily, TODAY, Cover and story, August Edition, 2004
- March, 2005, Vol 104 page 238 Story Wayne Schoenfeld Exhibit at Korean Gallery
- American Photo Magazine, July/August 2006, Page 91, Wayne Schoenfeld Show at Farmani Gallery Los Angeles
- Design: Between Art and Business April 2005, Vol 322 pp90-91
- My Hero International Film Festival, November 20, 2010
- July 10, 1975 Torrance News Foster Home Causes Furor - Psychologist Schoenfeld fights for Teen Age Home Page One Above the Fold
- July 22, 1975 The Daily Breeze (Torrance, California), Torrance Neighbors Fight Home for Teens Page One Above the Fold
- April 17, 1982 Palo Verde Times, Air L.A. Inc. Officials Propose Non-Stop Los Angeles Flights, Page one
- October 21, 1985 Los Angeles Daily News, A New Career Takes off - ex-Sex Therapist's Airline Worth $2Million, Page one Business Section
- December 1994 Equities, South of the Border Air L.A. Inc. Starts Service to Mexico, by Elizabeth Hartshorn
- August 15, 1994 The Wall Street Transcript , CEO Interview, Wayne Schoenfeld Air L.A. Inc., Page One
- Sept 17-23 1999 Screen International, Celluloid's Digital Retrofit
- August 6, 1999 Wall Street Journal, Carlton to Buy Stake in Firm Developing Digital-Film Marketing, B8
- August 6, 1999 Daily Variety (Los Angeles-New York Newspaper), Technicolor Prepares for a Digital Future page one
- Melrose Heighs Magazine - Issue 9
- August Edition, 2004 Los Angeles Daily News, Conejo Valley TODAY Edition, Cover Photo, Wayne Schoenfeld story page 30
- June - July 2009 Melrose Heights Magazine, Wayne Schoenfeld Humanitarian pp 82-91
- Vie des Arts - n#215 - summer 2009
- Reported[vague] as sold by Kim Young Seob Gallery, 168 Kwanhoon-Dong, Chongro-ku, Seoul, Korea. December, 2005. (02) 733 6331
- Course Montréal Souterrain on WN Network delivers the latest Videos and ... 3 / CNW/ - In its third year, Art Souterrain, presented by Scotiabank in ... The main attraction will be an exhibit by photographer Wayne Schoenfeld titled Icons /Iconoclasts http://wn.com[vague]
- Video on YouTube
- http://www.ci.la.ca.us/cad/lamag/Home.html[dubious ]
- 21st World Congress, Children's Hospice International[vague]
- March 18, 2005, International Herald Tribune (The New York Times), page one of Arts and Culture