Wayne Township, Ashtabula County, Ohio
|Wayne Township, Ohio|
|• Total||24.1 sq mi (62.4 km2)|
|• Land||23.9 sq mi (62.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||26/sq mi (10.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085745|
Located on the southwestern edge of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Cherry Valley Township - north
- Andover Township - northeast corner
- Williamsfield Township - east
- Kinsman Township, Trumbull County - southeast corner
- Gustavus Township, Trumbull County - south
- Greene Township, Trumbull County - southwest corner
- Colebrook Township - west
- New Lyme Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Wayne Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The board is currently composed of chairman Robert Magyar and members John Bilek and Dave Sprague.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wayne township, Ashtabula County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Ashtabula County, Ohio Ashtabula County, 2007. Accessed 2007-05-28.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.