Wayne Township, Huntington County, Indiana
The Chenoweth-Coulter Farmhouse, a historic site in the township
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||24.41 sq mi (63.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.36 sq mi (63.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.20%|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||22.2/sq mi (8.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0454032|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 24.41 square miles (63.2 km2), of which 24.36 square miles (63.1 km2) (or 99.80%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.20%) is water. The stream of Prairie Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Mount Etna (southwest edge)
- Polk Township (north)
- Lancaster Township (northeast)
- Jefferson Township (east)
- Van Buren Township, Grant County (southeast)
- Washington Township, Grant County (south)
- Liberty Township, Wabash County (west)
- Lagro Township, Wabash County (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Gardens of Memory.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.