Wayne Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
|Wayne Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Tuscarawas County.
|• Total||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.5 sq mi (68.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||65.7/sq mi (25.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087071|
Located in the northwestern corner part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sugar Creek Township, Stark County - north
- Franklin Township - east
- Sugar Creek Township - south
- Walnut Creek Township, Holmes County - southwest
- Paint Township, Holmes County - northwest
Name and history
Wayne Township was organized in 1810.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Quentin Schwartz, Dan Silvius, and Fred Snyder, and the fiscal officer is Susan Stein.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 483. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Engineer: Joseph S. Bachman. Tuscarawas County. Accessed 2007-06-01.