|Key people||Jostein Svendsen, John Hallman, John Canning, Bjorn Rustberggard|
WeVideo Inc. was founded in April 2011 initially as Creaza, Inc. Creaza, Inc. owns a related company in Norway called Creaza Education that provides a suite of digital tools for the K-12 market, including comic tools, audio editing, mind-mapping, and video editing applications.
WeVideo publicly launched its services in September 2011, changing its name from Creaza, Inc. to allay any confusion with Creaza Education and to reflect the social and collaborative nature of the platform.
Shortly after its 2011 launch, WeVideo was invited by YouTube to become a YouTube Create partner. The embedded WeVideo editor is one of a number of solutions offered by YouTube to help users create better video compositions.
Reception and Awards
Michael J. Miller of Ziff Brothers Investments cited WeVideo as one of his favorites at the 2011 Demo Fall conference, stating that it "presents a very strong cloud-based consumer video editing solution". Network World also named WeVideo as one of the highlights of the conference, labeling it as something to "keep your eyes on". The Seattle Times praised WeVideo's ability to allow multiple editors to work on the same video, but noted that videos having more than five editors would require a paid membership. Tech evangelist Robert Scoble noted WeVideo’s unique collaboration features and stated “WeVideo is yet another demonstration of how EVERYTHING is changing due to cloud, even video editing”.
Since its inception, WeVideo has received a number of awards, including the following:
- The DEMOgod award at DEMO Fall 2011, given to the top five presenting companies for the strength of their product, positioning in the market, and presence at the event.
- The 2011 Silicon Valley Tanabata festival.
- AlwaysOn 2011 OnDemand Top 100 Private Companies.
- Plug and Play 2012 Hottest Company of the month.
- Best in show at Digital Living Room and Venture Forum Pitch Competition.
- AlwaysOn 2012 OnDemand Top 100 Private Companies.
- AlwaysOn 2012 OnMobile Top 100 Private Companies.
- AlwaysOn 2012 Global 250 Top Private Companies.
- David Strom (September 19, 2011). Two New Ways to Share Vids Online. Read Write Web. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- WeVideo. Our Story. WeVideo.com. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Wade Roush (December 2, 2011). WeVideo Makes Cloud Video Editing Look Like Kids’ Stuff. Xconomy. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Creaza Education. Creaza Education - Home. creazaeducation.com. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- WeVideo. WeVideo Debuts First Cloud-based, Collaborative Video Editing Platform. WeVideo.com. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Sarah Perez (January 9, 2011). Cloud-Based Video Editor WeVideo Launches To Public. TechCrunch. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Jaymar Cabebe (November 10, 2011). WeVideo: The next big thing?. CNET. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Sean Ludwig (October 19, 2011). Cloud video editor WeVideo integrates its service with YouTube. Venture Beat. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Sarah Perez (October 19, 2011). YouTube Gets Free, Cloud-Based Video Editing Thanks To New WeVideo Integration. TechCrunch. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- MarketWatch (April 24, 2012). Update: WeVideo Brings Collaborative Video Editing to Google Drive. MarketWatch.com. Retrieved May 29, 2012.
- Michael J. Miller (September 15, 2011). Aurasma, WeVideo, Zazu Mornings Top Demo Fall 2011 Consumer Products PC Magazine. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Brad Reed (September 16, 2011). DEMO '11: Keep your eyes on WeVideo. Network World. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- Jen Leo (December 24, 2011). WeVideo allows video editing in Cloud. Seattle Times. Retrieved May 29, 2012
- Robert Scoble (March 20, 2012). WeVideo is yet another demonstration of how EVERYTHING is changing due to cloud, even video editing. plus.google.com. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Diana Samuels (September 14, 2011). Valley startups WeVideo, LUMOback are 'DemoGods'. Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Tony Perkins (March 30, 2011). Announcing the 2011 OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies. AlwaysOn. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Plug and Play Blog (May 15, 2012). WeVideo – May 2012 Hottest Company of the Month. plugandplaytechcenter.com. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Digital Living Room. The 6th Annual Digital Living Room Venture Forum. www.digitallivingroom.com. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- AlwaysOn (April 6, 2012). Announcing the 2012 OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies. AlwaysOn. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Tony Perkins (June 13, 2012). Announcing the 2012 OnMobile 100 Top Private Companies. AlwaysOn. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- AlwaysOn (July 2012). Announcing the 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies. AlwaysOn. Retrieved July 16, 2012.