We All Fall Down (Eric Walters novel)
Random House first edition cover art
|Published||Toronto: Random House of Canada, 23 January 2007|
|Awards||Red Maple Award 2007|
We All Fall Down is a novel by Canada author Eric Walters, published in 2006 by Random House of Canada. The story follows Will, a ninth grade student, spending a day with his father at the World Trade Centre on September 11, 2001. It was awarded the Red Maple Leaf Award in 2007 and was an honor book for the 2008 Manitoba Young Reader's Choice Award.
Ninth-grader Will Fuller shadows his father, the vice president of an international trading company based in the World Trade Center. He is not looking forward to the visit, as his father has always been very focused on his work and Will worries that his father will not bother to make time for him.
Will's visit takes place on the morning of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, and is told in rapid first-person narration as Will, his father, and other staff in the tower offices attempt to escape during the building's collapse. Will's best friend James's father works as a New York firefighter, adding another element of danger to the narrative.
- United We Stand, the sequel that focuses on the aftermath of 9/11.
- McNicoll, Sylvia. "Introducing Eric Walters". Eric Walters author website. Canadian Society of Children's Authors, Illustrators, and Performers (CANSCAIP). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Walters, Eric. "We All Fall Down". Eric Walters author website. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "We All Fall Down". Random House of Canada. Penguin Random House. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Ontario Library Association "Tree Awards"". Canadian Children's Book News 30 (3): 8. Summer 2007.
- Pennell, Victoria (June 2006). "We All Fall Down". Resource Links (11.5).
- "2007/2008 Canadian Children's Book Award". Best Books for Kids and Teens (Annual 2008) (Canadian Children's Book Center).
- "Awards and Announcements". Resource Links 12 (5). June 2007.
- "Manitoba Report: Collene Fergusen, regional officer". Canadian Children's Book News 30 (3): 38. Summer 2007.
- Cunningham, M. Wayne. "We All Fall Down". McNallyRobinson.com. Books in Canada. Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Junior Fiction: for tweens ages 8-13". Best Books for Kids and Teens: 15. Annual 2008. Check date values in:
- Wiersema, Robert J. "We All Fall Down". Quill & Quire: Canada's magazine of book news and reviews. St. Joseph Media. Retrieved 15 August 2014.