We Are Motörhead
|We Are Motörhead|
|Studio album by Motörhead|
|Released||16 May 2000|
|Recorded||June 1999 to August 1999
Karo Studios, Brackel, Germany and December 1999 to March 2000 at American Recorders, Calabasas, CA
|Genre||Heavy metal, Hard rock, Speed metal|
|Label||CMC, Steamhammer, SPV GmbH|
We Are Motörhead is the fifteenth album by the band Motörhead. It was released in 2000, and features a cover of the punk band The Sex Pistols' song "God Save the Queen", for which the band recorded a promo video atop an open-top London bus.
Joe Petagno, the sleeve artist, commented on the influences behind the cover concept:
It's one of my favourite pieces. At that time, there was a lot of death metal and black metal going on. I was working with a lot of those people anyway. They were all totally Motörhead dedicated, and grew up with Motörhead. I said, "Listen, instead of letting these guys sort of get to you, why don't we just pay homage to the death thing? That's cool enough. You guys were the first to do it anyway." In the original sketch, the head was turned three-quarter view, but Lemmy said we'd never used the head since "Deaf Forever" from the side. So why don't we just give it a full profile?
|1.||"See Me Burning"||2:59|
|3.||"Stay Out of Jail"||3:02|
|4.||"God Save the Queen" (Paul Cook, Steve Jones, John Lydon, Glen Matlock)||3:19|
|5.||"Out to Lunch"||3:26|
|6.||"Wake the Dead"||5:14|
|7.||"One More Fucking Time"||6:46|
|8.||"Stagefright/Crash & Burn"||3:02|
|9.||"(Wearing Your) Heart on Your Sleeve"||3:42|
|10.||"We Are Motörhead"||2:21|
- Original tracks recorded at Karo Studios, Brackel, Germany by Charlie Bauerfeind, June 1999-August 1999.
- Overdubs recorded at American Recorders, Calabasas, CA, December 1999-March 2000.
- Produced by Motörhead, Bob Kulick, Bruce Bouillet and Duane Baron.
- Engineered by Bill Cooper
- Cover artwork – Joe Petagno
- Cover concept – Joe Petagno and Lemmy
- Photography – Glen La Ferman, Stephanie Cabral, Annamaria DiSanto, G$