We Are the In Crowd
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|We Are the In Crowd|
Signing at FYE in Philadelphia
|Origin||Poughkeepsie, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Pop punk, power pop, Pop rock|
|Associated acts||All Time Low, The Wonder Years|
We Are the In Crowd is an American pop punk band from Poughkeepsie, New York, formed in 2009. The band consists of Taylor Jardine, Jordan Eckes, Mike Ferri, Rob Chianelli, and Cameron Hurley. They released their debut EP, Guaranteed To Disagree, on June 8, 2010 and followed it up with their first full-length album, Best Intentions in 2011.
The band entered the studio in early May 2011 to begin recording their full length debut. On August 3, 2011 it was announced the album would be titled Best Intentions and that it would be released on October 4. It debuted on the U.S. Billboard 200 at No. 122. We Are the In Crowd has regularly toured all year long with fellow bands such as All Time Low and Mayday Parade, and have appeared at Warped Tour in 2010 and 2012. The band has toured with a number of big names playing at festivals such as Leeds. In 2013 the band has toured round much of the world including the UK.
The band has announced via a Fuse video interview that they will be recording material for a new album to be released in the summer/fall of 2013. On August 20, 2013, they released their new single "Attention".
On the 3rd December 2013 We Are the In Crowd announced that they would be releasing a new album, the album named 'Weird Kids' is set for release on the 28TH February 2013, they also announced a UK tour in late January followed by A US tour.
The second single from the album Weird Kids 'The Best Thing (That Never Happened) was released on Spotify on the 3rd December, and then due to the 'overwhelming response' (Tay) they released it on iTunes the same day, a few days early.
On November 10, 2009, the group announced their signing with Hopeless Records as "The In Crowd" and released their first single "For the Win" on iTunes. The band changed their name to "We Are the In Crowd" due to trademark issues with a reggae band from the seventies who were also called "The In Crowd".
In February 2009, We Are the In Crowd recorded their debut Hopeless Records EP with producers Zack Odom and Kenneth Mount (All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Jimmy Eat World, Cartel). The EP, titled Guaranteed To Disagree, was released on June 8, 2010.
In April 2009, We Are the In Crowd's Myspace page was hacked. The hacker was an ex-member of the band and deleted all of their friends and music. The music site Absolutepunk.net posted a news article regarding the hacking, and the news post attracted the attention of someone at Hopeless Records who contacted the band shortly after. Tay made a video on YouTube announcing the hack.
- Taylor "Tay" Jardine (born 7th March 1990) – lead vocals, keyboards
- Jordan Eckes (born 24th March 1987) – rhythm guitar, vocals
- Mike Ferri (born 7th May 1987) – bass
- Cameron Hurley (born 2nd August 1990) – lead guitar, backing vocals
- Robert "Rob" Chianelli (born 27th June 1987) – drums, percussion
|Billboard 200||Top Heatseekers||Independent Albums|
- Guaranteed to Disagree (2010)
|2009||"This Isn't Rocket Surgery"|
|"For the Win"|
|"Never Be What You Want"|
|2010||"Both Sides of the Story"|
|"On Your Own"|
|"Kiss Me Again (ft. Alex Gaskarth)"|
|"Exits and Entrances"|
|"The Best Thing (That Never Happened)"|
|2010||«This Isn't Rocket Surgery»|
|«For The Win»|
|«Never Be What You Want»|
|«Both Sides Of The Story»|
|«Kiss Me Again feat. Alex Gaskarth»|
|«On Your Own»|
|2012||Exits and Entrances|
|2013||«Just Give Me a Reason with Alex Goot»|
|«Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades.»|
- 2010 – Vans Warped Tour
- Opened for Hey Monday and Cartel on their Co-Headlining fall tour alongside The Ready Set and This Century.
- Supporting act on The Glamour Kills Tour in early 2011, with The Ready Set, Allstar Weekend and The Downtown Fiction.
- Played Main Stage at The Bamboozle 2011.
- Direct support to Mayday Parade on their 2011 UK tour along with A Rocket to the Moon and Blitz Kids.
- Played Atticus stage at UK Slam Dunk Festival 2011.
- Support band for Breathe Carolina and Forever the Sickest Kids with Before Their Eyes and Tonight Alive for the Spring Break Your Heart Tour.
- Played selected dates on the upcoming Taking Back Sunday/Thursday tour in Summer 2011.
- Support band for All Time Low on the "Gimme Summer Ya Love" tour across Canada and a select few states in the United States.
- Support band for All Time Low in the UK from January 12, 2012 until February 4th 2012. The Maine also supported.
- Played at Counter Revolution (The replacement for the Soundwave Revolution festival) across Australia at all dates.
- Support band for Mayday Parade on The Noise Tour 2011, along with You Me At Six, There for Tomorrow and The Make
- The band played their first headline tour in Europe In April 2012 supported by The Summer Set and Super Prime.
- The band played alongside Set Your Goals and This Century on June 2, 2012 in Manila Philippines.
- 2012 - Vans Warped Tour
- The band supported All Time Low on August 20 in Dublin, Ireland and on August 22 in Aberdeen, Scotland and August 23, 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- The band supported Yellowcard on their upcoming 2012 Fall Tour alongside The Wonder Years.
- The band played the Festival Republic stage at Reading and Leeds Festivals 2012.
- The band performed at NoCAPRICHO 2012 on September 28 in São Paulo, Brazil alongside We The Kings and Before You Exit.
- The band supported Young Guns on their UK tour in October 2012.
- Supported Every Avenue in early 2012 along with Plug in Stereo & Simple As Surgery.
- Supported Mayday Parade on their 2012 Australian Tour with Heroes For Hire.
- Supported The Summer Set with Go Radio and For the Foxes at the Wake Up and Be Awesome Tour (February-March 2013)
- Co-headlined a European tour with Never Shout Never in April - May 2013
- Circuit Fest in Manila Philippines with other bands like Mayday Parade, Allstar Weekend, The Downtown Fiction, Before You Exit, Yellowcard, A+ Dropouts, This Century, and Megan Nicole (May 2013)
- Main Stage at Reading and Leeds Festival - August 2013
- Headlining Tour w/ William Beckett (singer), Set It Off, State Champs, and Candy Hearts. (February-April 2014) 
- Official Website News.
- Hopeless Records
- Absolute Punk News Post
- "NoCAPRICHO 2012: We the Kings, We Are the in Crowd e Before You Exit estão confirmados!". Capricho Magazine. Retrieved 12 August 2012.