We Go Way Back
|This article's section called "Production" needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|We Go Way Back|
|Directed by||Lynn Shelton|
|Produced by||Peggy Case
|Written by||Lynn Shelton|
Robert Hamilton Wright
|Music by||Laura Viers
|Edited by||Lynn Shelton
Geisha Years, LLC
|Running time||80 minutes|
We Go Way Back is a 2006 American film starring Aaron Blakely, Maggie Brown, Basil Harris, Amber Hubert and Robert Wright. It was written and directed by Lynn Shelton.
A young woman who has just been offered her first leading role as an actress is confronted by the specter of her thirteen-year-old self. The dialog between the 23 year old actress and her younger self begins in memory, and then climaxes in an apparitional experience with the specter of her own, repressed, precocious youth.
The film began shooting in 2004 in Seattle.
In 2009, the company Geisha Years LLC was formed by Shelton specifically to purchase the film from TFC Productions 1, LLC, which was the original producer for the film. Geisha plans to secure a distribution deal for the film.
- Aaron Blakely – Jeff
- Maggie Brown – Kate-at-13
- Basil Harris – Pete
- Amber Hubert – Kate-at-23
- Robert Hamilton Wright – The Director
- Sullivan Brown – Jeremy
- Russell Hodgkinson – Frank
Reception and awards
- Kodak Vision Award for Best Cinematography – 2006 Slamdance International Film Festival
- Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature – 2006 Slamdance International Film Festival
We Go Way Back has been described by critics as "polished" and "impressionistic".
- Official website
- Ultimate Movie website
- We Go Way Back at the Internet Movie Database
- New York Times review