We Tell Ourselves
|"We Tell Ourselves"|
|Single by Clint Black|
|from the album The Hard Way|
|B-side||"There Never Was a Train"|
|Released||June 22, 1992|
|Clint Black singles chronology|
"We Tell Ourselves" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Clint Black. It was released in June 1992 as the first single from Black's album The Hard Way. The song reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart in August 1992 and number-one on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada. It was written by Black and Hayden Nicholas.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, saying that Black gives "an impassioned reading of these savvy, introspective lyrics about fooling yourself." She goes on to say that the tone of the production is "both imaginative and energetic." 
The music video was directed by Michael Patterson and Candace Reckinger and premiered in mid-1992.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||14|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
"Boot Scootin' Boogie"
by Brooks & Dunn
|RPM Country Tracks
September 5-September 12, 1992
"I'll Think of Something"
by Mark Chesnutt
- Clint Black Chart History
- RPM Country Tracks
- Billboard, July 4, 1992
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1975." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 5, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Clint Black Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Clint Black.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1992". RPM. December 19, 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "Best of 1992: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1992. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|