We Were in Love
|"We Were in Love"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album Dream Walkin'|
|B-side||"Double Wide Paradise"|
|Released||June 9, 1997|
|Format||CD single, 7"|
|Label||Mercury Nashville 574636|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"We Were in Love" is the title of a song written by Chuck Cannon and Allen Shamblin, and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in June 1997 as the lead-off single from his album Dream Walkin'. It peaked at #2 in both the United States and Canada.
The narrator wishes that he could build a time machine, and go back to when he and his lover were 17, and when they were in love.
The music video was directed by Michael Salomon, who would direct many of Toby Keith's later videos after this one.
"We Were in Love" debuted at number 61 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart for the week of June 14, 1997.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||51|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||24|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 186.
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. September 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1997". RPM. December 15, 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Best of 1997: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1997. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|