We are Church
We are Church (also known as Wir Sind Kirche) is a movement which advocates changing the structures of responsibility and authority of the Roman Catholic Church, especially in response to the scandal of pedophile priests. It calls for the Church to live to both the spirit and letter of Vatican II and to take seriously the need for lay people to exercise more authority at every level of the Church.
- More accountability of priests, bishops, cardinals and the Vatican to the Body of Christ, which is the whole Church.
- Less hierarchy
- More participation of women in the Church, in particular female priests
- Ending the requirement of celibacy in the Latin Church priesthood
- Positive attitude towards sexuality, including homosexuality
- Promote a message of joy, rather than threat or discrimination.
- Association of Catholic Priests - a voluntary association of Roman Catholic clergy in Ireland
- We Are Church’ battles on despite papal snubs
- Press Release - We Are Church
- Wir sind Kirche" kritisiert Papst-Entscheidung
|This Roman Catholicism–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|