We are fed up
We are fed up! (Wir haben es satt!) is the theme of a series of demonstrations in Germany against industrial livestock production and for more sustainable farming. The biggest demonstrations take place every year in Berlin since 2011 and attract up to 30,000 people. Around 120 different groups which represent farmers, companies and environmental rights and animal rights activists organize and sustain the demonstrations. The protests take place parallel to the Berlin International Green Week.
The protestors argue that an increasingly industrialized agriculture is a threat to the environment, biodiversity and the livelihood of small family farmers. They demand change towards more environmentally friendly farming, protection of bees, fair prices for farmers, better policies against hunger, against food scandals, against monocultures, against land grabbing and against GMOs. The organizers of the demonstrations also criticized heavily the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership.
70 tractors also took part in the We are fed up!-demonstration in 2014.
The president of the German Farmers' Association (Deutscher Bauernverband) stated in response to the protests in January 2014 that his interest group would no longer be prepared to talk to other groups "who are only interested in attacking the farming sector, who defame our farmers and misinform consumers" according to an article of Deutsche Welle. He called for an "unemotional and pragmatic debate" and stated: "There is no factory livestock farming, such terminology is used by campaigners who oppose modern large-scale livestock farming."
Independent from the protests in Berlin there were demonstrations under a similar theme in Amsterdam in 2012 and 2013. The event in the Netherlands was called “we zijn het MEGA zat” which translates to “we are MEGA fed up” and is a reference to the scale of industrial livestock farming. 
Protesters who say no to land grabbing and food speculation (Berlin, 2013)
Slow Food Germany is among the organizers of the protests (Berlin, 2013)
- Deutsche Welle, Protesters in Berlin call for an end to factory farming, 22 January 2011
- The Guardian, Farmageddon: The True Cost of Cheap Meat by Philip Lymbery – review, 31 January 2014
- Deutsche Welle, Stopping starvation: 'Everyone can do something', 14.10.2013
- Shefali Sharma, "Germans speaking out against industrial meat and agriculture", Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, 9 January 2014.
- CBC News, Berlin protests focus on farming and food safety, Jan 21, 2013
- Wir haben es satt!, website of the organizers (German)
- Fed Up With Agribusiness, Over 30k Protesters Take To The Streets In Berlin, Mint Press News, 4 February 2014
- Deutsche Welle, Farmers defend themselves at Berlin's Green Week, 17. January 2014
- official Website of the group of organizers
- SP, Manifestatie 'We zijn het mega-zat' ondersteund door SP, 9 March 2012
- PvDA, Kom naar actie tegen megastal, 12. March 2012
- Friends of the Earth Europe, We are fed up: 30,000 march in Berlin, 19 January 2014