Weathersfield Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Weathersfield Township, Ohio|
|Motto: "A Community of Neighbors"|
Municipalities and townships of Trumbull County
|• Total||23.3 sq mi (60.4 km2)|
|• Land||22.1 sq mi (57.1 km2)|
|• Water||1.3 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|Elevation||899 ft (274 m)|
|• Density||1,256.2/sq mi (485.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087048|
Weathersfield Township is one of the twenty-four townships of Trumbull County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 27,717 people in the township, 8,677 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships and municipalities:
- Howland Township - north
- Vienna Township - northeast corner
- Liberty Township - east
- Youngstown - southeast corner
- Austintown Township, Mahoning County - south
- Jackson Township, Mahoning County - southwest corner
- Lordstown - west
- Warren Township - northwest
Several populated places are located in Weathersfield Township:
- Much of the city of Niles, in the north
- The village of McDonald, in the east
- The census-designated place of Hilltop, in the east
- Part of the census-designated place of Mineral Ridge, in the south
Name and history
It is the only Weathersfield Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.