|Editor||Laura E. Davis|
Weave Magazine is an American literary magazine based in Pittsburgh. It was established in order to remedy a perceived gender imbalance in contemporary literary publishing. Weave publishes literary fiction, poetry, nonfiction, reviews, and artwork biannually in January and July.
Weave was established by Laura E. Davis and Margaret Bashaar in May 2008. It ensures that at least half of the work in each issue is created by women. Weave's vision of diversity has since expanded to feature work by LGBT writers, writers of color, writers of age, and disabled writers, among other marginalized voices. Davis is still the editor-in-chief.
The magazine, or pieces that appeared in it, has received the following awards:
- 2013 Verse Daily "Push" by Kate Partridge and "Tantrum" by Suzanne Marie Hopcroft.
- 2012 Micro Award Finalist Anthony Varallo's story, "All Very Surprising," which appeared in Weave Issue 07.
- 2008 Seed Award from The Sprout Fund.
- "About". Weave Magazine. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- Davis, Laura E. (2011-02-11). "The Origin of a Name: Weave, Diversity and Visions for the Future". Weave Magazine. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Opinion (2011-08-11). "Literary Journals Taking Action : So to Speak". Sotospeakjournal.org. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- Verse Daily. "Push by Kate Partridge". Versedaily.org. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- Verse Daily. "Tantrum by Suzanne Marie Hopcroft". Versedaily.org. Retrieved 2014-01-15.
- "2012". The Micro Award. Retrieved 2013-02-06.
- "Weave Magazine". The Sprout Fund. 2008-09-12. Retrieved 2013-02-06.