Web.com Tour Finals
The Web.com Tour Finals is a series of four golf tournaments that, beginning in 2013, replace the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament as a means of earning PGA Tour membership for the following season ("Tour cards").
Prior to 2013, the main ways to earn a PGA Tour card, other than by winning a PGA Tour event or finishing in the top-125 on the PGA Tour money list, were to finish on the top-25 of the Web.com Tour money list or to finish in the top 25 of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament. Fifty PGA Tour cards will be available during the Finals.
The Finals are the final four tournaments of the Web.com Tour season. For 2013 they are:
- Hotel Fitness Championship in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Chiquita Classic in Davidson, North Carolina
- Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship in Columbus, Ohio
- Web.com Tour Championship in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Each event has a purse of US$1,000,000 (the 2013 purses for other tournaments range from $550,000 to $800,000 with a median purse of $650,000). They will feature a 36-hole cut of the top-60 and ties (standard Web.com Tour cut). The events will be worth a minimum of 16 points for the Official World Golf Ranking, up from 14 points for regular season Web.com Tour events. The Web.com Tour Championship will be worth a minimum of 20 points as the Tour's flagship event, as in the past.
There are four ways to qualify for the Finals:
- Finish in the top-75 on the Web.com Tour's regular season money list.
- Finish the PGA Tour's regular season ranked 126–200 on the FedEx Cup points list. Not all players with this criterion will compete, as some are already exempt through other means.
- As a non-member of the PGA Tour, earn enough FedExCup points to place 126–200 on the points list.
- Special medical exemptions.
The top-25 on the regular season Web.com Tour money list will be guaranteed PGA Tour cards regardless of their performance in the Finals and the Finals determine their priority ranking. Money earned in the four Finals events will determine the remaining 25 PGA Tour cards. The leading money winners on the regular season Web.com Tour money list and the Finals money list (if different) will be fully exempt on the PGA Tour; the remaining 48 players will be ranked for PGA Tour priority purposes based on their Finals earnings. In addition, the money leaders in both the regular season and the Finals (if different) will both receive places in the following year's Players Championship.
Children's Hosp. Ch.
|2013||Michael Putnam||Trevor Immelman||Andrew Svoboda||Noh Seung-yul||Chesson Hadley||John Peterson|
- "Eligibility for the 2013 Web.com Tour Finals". PGA Tour. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "2013 Web.com Tour – Tournament Schedule". PGA Tour. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "Official World Golf Ranking Board Announces Adjustments To Ranking System". OWGR. August 20, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.
- "Field study: Web.com Tour Finals". PGA Tour. August 23, 2013. Retrieved August 26, 2013.