|Developer(s)||WebCL Working Group|
|Stable release||1.0 / March 19, 2014|
Currently, no browsers natively support WebCL, because it is new. However, non-native add-ons are used to implement WebCL. For example, Nokia developed a WebCL extension. Mozilla does not plan to implement WebCL in favor of OpenGL ES 3.1 Compute Shaders.
- Motorola (Node.js) - https://github.com/Motorola-Mobility/node-webcl
- Nokia (Firefox) - http://webcl.nokiaresearch.com/
- Mozilla (Firefox) - http://hg.mozilla.org/projects/webcl/
Currently reflect the WebCL working draft
- Samsung (WebKit) - https://github.com/SRA-SiliconValley/webkit-webcl
- Nokia (Firefox) - https://github.com/toaarnio/webcl-firefox
- Motorola Mobility node-webcl (node.js) - https://github.com/Motorola-Mobility/node-webcl
Related Browser Bugs
- Bug 664147 - [WebCL] add openCL in gecko, Mozilla
- Bug 115457: [Meta] WebCL support for WebKit, WebKit Bugzilla
- "WebCL". Khronos Group. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Khronos Releases WebCL 1.0 Specification". Khronos Group. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "WebCL". Nokia Research. Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- "Mozilla WebCL Comment". Retrieved April 4, 2014.