||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (October 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
|Stable release||4.11.1 / September 6, 2013|
|Preview release||4.11.1 / September 6, 2013|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Unix|
|Available in||Multilingual (23)|
|License||GPL (version 2)|
|Website||WebERP on SourceForge.net, www
webERP is an open source ERP system for Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME).webERP is a complete web based accounting and business management system that requires only a web-browser and pdf reader to use. It has a wide range of features suitable for many businesses particularly distributed businesses in wholesale, distribution and manufacturing. With the addition of third party complementary components for a customer shopping cart or an interactive Point of Sale system, it can also function as a web-shop or Retail Management System. It is developed as an open-source application and is available as a free download to use. The feature set is continually expanding as new businesses and developers adopt it.
There are thousands of downloads every month.
The growth of webERP adoption has been entirely through word of mouth testimony - there has never been a marketing or advertising push to "sell" webERP. Of course there are no funds nor commercial incentive to do so for free software. This growth is built on reputation and solid practical functionality that works as tried and tested by an increasing number of businesses.
The ProjectGoals have consistently underpinned development since the project's inception in 2003.
- Sales Orders and Quotations
- Accounts Receivable
- User defined sales analysis
- Multi-currency bank accounts
- Shipment Costing
- Contract Costing
- General Ledger
- Multi-currency, complex tax system support
- Multiple inventory locations with serial number and lot tracking facilities
- Fixed Assets
- Full double entry accounting
- Sales orders support assemblies and kit-sets
- Ghost Bills
- Multiple Invoice Taxes
- Supports Materials Requirements Planning (MRP I) functionality with a master production schedule and reports suggesting purchase and works orders
webERP is a web-based LAMP application with the goals being:
Strong data integrity/security via innodb database type, and a full history on all transactions.
webERP is available in the following languages/translations: Albanian, Portuguese (Brazil), Chinese Big5, Chinese Simplified GB2312, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (South America), Spanish (Venezuela), Swahili, Swedish, Turkish
- Payroll System,
- Inventory Version tracking,
- Point of Sale requires 3rd party add-on
An integrated webSHOP also available as an add-on
Selected release history (See the change log for a full list of changes) :
- Geo-mapping for customers and suppliers
- CRM functionality
- HTML 5 form validation
- Table column sorting
- Multi-language item translation maintenance
- Fixed asset maintenance scheduling system
In July 2007, postgreSQL support was discontinued from future versions.
webERP has spawned several forks
- OpenAccounting - now dormant, became Front Accounting