IBM WebSphere logo
IBM WebSphere refers to a brand of computer software products in the genre of enterprise software known as "application and integration middleware". These software products are used by end-users to create applications and integrate applications with other applications. IBM WebSphere has been available to the general market since 1998.
IBM introduced the first product in this brand, IBM WebSphere Performance Pack, in June 1998. As of 2012[update] this original component forms a part of IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, which itself is one of many WebSphere-branded enterprise software products
IBM WebSphere software
The following complete list of IBM WebSphere software uses IBM classifications. Several tools appear in more than one category.
IBM has also classified WebSphere software according to the capabilities offered for individual industries.
- WebSphere Application Server - a web application server
- IBM Workload Deployer - a hardware appliance that provides access to IBM middleware virtual images and patterns
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale - an in-memory data grid for use in high-performance computing
- WebSphere Message Queue - a Message Oriented Middleware
- IBM InfoSphere DataStage
- Enterprise application integration
- Universal Business Adapter - an IBM advertising campaign (2002)
Notes and references
- Budinsky, F.; G. DeCandio, R. Earle, T. Francis, J. Jones, J. Li, M. Nally, C. Nelin, V. Popescu, S. Rich, A. Ryman, T. Wilson (2004). "WebSphere Studio overview". IBM Systems Journal 43 (2): 384–419. doi:10.1147/sj.432.0384. ISSN 0018-8670.