Webster Tarpley attending the 2005 Axis for Peace conference
|Born||Webster Griffin Tarpley
1946 (age 67–68)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Occupation||Author, historian and journalist|
U.S. Labor (1986)
Webster Griffin Tarpley (born 1946) is an American conspiracy theorist, historian, economist, journalist, lecturer and a critic of U.S. foreign and domestic policy. He is a member of the Maryland Democratic Party and a former high-ranking member of Lyndon LaRouche's U.S. Labor Party.
Tarpley was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in 1946. He received a BA degree summa cum laude in English and Italian from Princeton University in 1966. While a student at Princeton he became a member of Phi Beta Kappa, and was a Fulbright Scholar at University of Turin in Italy. Tarpley also obtained a MA degree in humanities from Skidmore College, as well as a PhD from the Catholic University of America in History.
As a European based journalist in the 1980s, Tarpley wrote a study on the assassination of Prime Minister Aldo Moro. The study claimed that the murder was a false flag operation orchestrated by Propaganda Due (a Masonic Lodge) with the cooperation of senior members of the Italian government secret services that was blamed on the Red Brigades.
Tarpley was president of the Schiller Institute of the United States in the 1980s[clarification needed] and in 1993. In 1986 Tarpley attempted to run on Lyndon LaRouche's U.S. Labor Party platform in the New York State Democratic Party primary for the U.S. Senate, but was ruled off the ballot because of a defect in his nominating petitions. He was a frequent host of "The LaRouche Connection" which its producer LaRouche's Executive Intelligence Review News Service describes as "a news and information cable television program."
Tarpley first gained attention for co-authoring, with Anton Chaitkin, ("history editor of Executive Intelligence Review") a 1992 book on George H. W. Bush, George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography, which was published by Executive Intelligence Review, run by Lyndon LaRouche. He has expounded the "Versailles Thesis" laying the blame for the great wars of the 20th century on intrigues by Britain to retain her dominance. He gained experience as a political operative during his years with the LaRouche movement but broke away sometime after 1995.
In 2005, Tarpley published 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA. He speaks at length about the themes in the book, during an interview in the film Oil, Smoke, Mirrors.
Since March 2006, Tarpley has had a weekly online talk radio show called World Crisis Radio, currently hosted on GCNLive.com. Tarpley is a member of the "world anti-imperialist conference" Axis for Peace, of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and of a research Netzwerk of German 9/11 authors founded in September 2006. He is featured in the film, Zero: An Investigation Into 9/11 (2007–2008).
Tarpley is a critic of the Dalai Lama; in 2010 he told Russia Today that "pre-1959 Tibet ... was probably the closest thing to hell on earth that you had ... social reform was impossible." In the interview he criticizes US funding of pro-Dalai Lama organizations, which he says amounts to US$2 million per year, saying "this is a bad deal for the American taxpayers."
He is also a proponent of the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act and the imposition of a 1% tax on financial transactions and trade in derivatives. He blames a cabal of the so-called Wall Street financiers and oligarchs for the 2008–2009 Financial crisis and European debt crisis of 2011.
9/11 and Terrorism analysis
Tarpley maintains that the September 11 attacks were engineered by a rogue network of the military-industrial complex and intelligence agencies as a false flag operation. His writings and speeches describe a model of terror operations by a rogue network in the military/intelligence sector working with moles in the private sector and in corporate media, and locates such contemporary false flag operations in a historical context stretching back in the English speaking world to at least the Gunpowder Plot in England in 1605.
On November 21, 2011 While traveling to Syria, Tarpley was interviewed for Syria's Addounia TV regarding the Syrian Civil War, In which he claimed that this was a NATO-CIA Ploy to destabilize Syria using mercenaries and death squads against the population and the Syrian government.
On April 2, 2012 C-SPAN aired "9/11, False Flags, and Black Ops: An Evening of Debate", in which Tarpley debated his critic Jonathan Kay on conspiracy theories, specifically the truth behind the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
On June 7, 2012 Interviewed for the NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) regarding the 2011 Norway attacks, Tarpley said "I believe that the evidence points to a private network, or even a NATO network, within the police that contributed the long time delay until they stormed the Island,"
Tarpley proposed on June 18, 2013, in PressTV, that revelations about the National Security Agency (NSA) by NSA computer system administrator Edward Snowden outlining global and domestic spying by US intelligence agencies might be seen as a "CIA limited hangout operation," that is, to publicize minor public manipulation operations to conceal greater covert misdeeds such as promoting war in the Middle East. He claimed such "gullibility" operations could be traced from Daniel Ellsberg to Julian Assange's WikiLeaks, with a legacy in perfidious politics and governance since the 17th century.
- Chi ha ucciso Aldo Moro? (Who Killed Aldo Moro?), a study commissioned by a member of the Italian government and published in Rome in 1978 The Larouchian, Partito Operaio Europeo http://www.movisol.org/moro.htm, which broke open the affiliation of the Red Brigades with the neofascist lodge P2.
- George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography (1992) (co-authored with Anton Chaitkin, son of the lawyer who indicted Prescott Bush under the Trading with the Enemy Act for collaboration with Nazi Germany.) Reprinted 2004, ISBN 0-930852-92-3.
- Against Oligarchy (1996)
- Surviving the Cataclysm: Your Guide through the Worst Financial Crisis in Human History (1999); updated edition, 2009, 1-61577-600-1.
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA – Myth of the 21st Century (2005), Foreword by Thierry Meyssan, ISBN 0-930852-31-1, Fifth edition ISBN 1-61577-111-5 (Nov. 2011).
- Obama – The Postmodern Coup: Making of a Manchurian Candidate (April 2008) ISBN 0-930852-88-5.
- Barack H. Obama: The Unauthorized Biography (August 2008) ISBN 0-930852-81-8.
- Japanese edition: March 2009.
- Just Too Weird: Bishop Romney and the Mormon Takeover of America: Polygamy, Theocracy, and Subversion (October 2012) ISBN 1-61577-724-5.
Tarpley also produced four DVDs on political topics in German with Kopp Verlag.
- "tarpley.net". tarpley.net. July 10, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.[self-published source?]
- http://www.amazon.com/Webster-Griffin-Tarpley/e/B001KCGEWU/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0[full citation needed][page needed]
- "Masthead". The Campaigner 4 (1) (National Caucus of Labor Committees). Winter 1971.
- Chi ha ucciso Aldo Moro? (Who Killed Aldo Moro?), Rome: 1978[page needed]
- "News broadcasts on WTRI focus on Iran, AIDS issues". THE FREDERICK POST, (FREDERICK, MD.,). December 15, 1986. p. A–11.
- Tarpley, Webster Griffin (2004). 9/11 SYNTHETIC TERRORISM MADE IN USA. p. 9. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Rangel, Jesus (August 9, 1986). "Another Assemblyman Ruled Off Primary Ballot". New York Times.
- ¤ Berlet, Chip. "Protocols to the Left, Protocols to the Right: Conspiracism in American Political Discourse at the Turn of the Second Millennium." Reconsidering "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion": 100 Years After the Forgery, October 30–31, 2005, Boston
¤ Gilbert, Helen. Lyndon LaRouche: Fascism Restyled for the New Millennium, Red Letter, 2003. ISBN 0-932323-21-9[page needed]
- "LaRouche website". Larouchepub.com. January 28, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- History News Network[dead link]
- "The Versailles Thesis – Roots of WWI". Members.tripod.com. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "''World Crisis Radio on GCNLive''". Gcnlive.com. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Zero: An Investigation Into 9/11 (2008) at IMDb
- "Dalai Lama Meeting with Obama". Russia Today interview. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- The Obama Deception: The Mask Comes Off, 2009[page needed]
- https://s4-eu5.startpage.com/do/search?cmd=process_search&pid=b29e271159c5c26acace35dfd40a435c[full citation needed]
- http://rt.com/search/news/term/webster+tarpley/[full citation needed]
- http://edition.presstv.ir/search.html?q=webster%20tarpley[full citation needed]
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror, Progressive Press, 4th edition, 2007, ISBN 978-0-930852-37-5[page needed]
- http://tarpley.net/tarpley-on-syrian-addounia-tv/[full citation needed]
- http://www.nrk.no/227/artikler/konspirasjonsflom-etter-22.-juli-1.8183914[full citation needed]
- How to identify CIA limited hangout op? http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/18/309609/how-to-identify-cia-limited-hangout-op/[full citation needed]
- Official website
- Tarpley's Show on the Genesis Network
- Ground Zero Grassy Knoll – Feature article in New York Magazine (March 20, 2006)
- Publisher's web site, Progressive Press
- Amazon.com's Webster Griffin Tarpley page
Audio and Video Links: