Webster Tarpley attending the 2005 Axis for Peace conference
|Born||Webster Griffin Tarpley
1946 (age 67–68)
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Occupation||Author, journalist, historian|
Tarpley was born in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, in 1946. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from Princeton University in 1966, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, he became a Fulbright Scholar at the University of Turin, Italy. He later earned a Master of Arts in humanities from Skidmore College and a Ph.D. in early modern history from the Catholic University of America.
In 1971, Tarpley was on the editorial board of The Campaigner, a National Caucus of Labor Committees' journal, according to its masthead. In 1986, Tarpley attempted to run on Lyndon LaRouche's U.S. Labor Party platform in the New York State Democratic Party primary for the U.S. Senate, but was ruled off the ballot because of a defect in his nominating petitions. In 1992, Tarpley co-authored with Anton Chaitkin George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography, published by LaRouche's Executive Intelligence Review.
Since March 2006, Tarpley has had a weekly online talk show called World Crisis Radio, currently hosted on GCNLive.com. Tarpley is a member of the "world anti-imperialist conference" Axis for Peace, of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and of a research Netzwerk of German 9/11 authors founded in September 2006. He is featured in the film, Zero: An Investigation Into 9/11 (2007–2008). Tarpley has also expounded the "Versailles Thesis" laying the blame for the great wars of the 20th century on intrigues by Britain to retain her dominance.
Tarpley is a critic of the Dalai Lama; in 2010 he told Russia Today that "pre-1959 Tibet ... was probably the closest thing to hell on earth that you had ... social reform was impossible." In the interview he criticizes US funding of pro-Dalai Lama organizations, which he says amounts to US$2 million per year, saying "this is a bad deal for the American taxpayers."
9/11 and Terrorism analysis
On November 21, 2011, while traveling to Syria, Tarpley told Syria's Addounia TV that the Syrian Civil War was a NATO-CIA ploy to destabilize Syria using mercenaries and death squads against the population and the Syrian government.
On April 2, 2012, C-SPAN aired 9/11, False Flags, and Black Ops: An Evening of Debate, in which Tarpley debated his critic Jonathan Kay on conspiracy theories, specifically the truth behind the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
On June 7, 2012, interviewed for the NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation) regarding the 2011 Norway attacks, Tarpley said, "I believe that the evidence points to a private network, or even a NATO network, within the police that contributed the long time delay until they stormed the Island."
Tarpley proposed on June 18, 2013, at PressTV, that revelations about the National Security Agency (NSA) by NSA computer system administrator Edward Snowden outlining global and domestic spying by US intelligence agencies might be seen as a "CIA limited hangout operation," that is, to publicize minor public manipulation operations to conceal greater covert misdeeds such as promoting war in the Middle East. He claimed such "gullibility" operations could be traced from Daniel Ellsberg to Julian Assange's WikiLeaks, with a legacy in perfidious politics and governance since the 17th century.
- George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography (1992) (co-authored with Anton Chaitkin). Reprinted 2004, ISBN 0-930852-92-3.
- Against Oligarchy (1996)
- Surviving the Cataclysm: Your Guide through the Worst Financial Crisis in Human History (1999); updated edition, 2009, 1-61577-600-1.
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror: Made in USA – Myth of the 21st Century (2005), Foreword by Thierry Meyssan, ISBN 0-930852-31-1, Fifth edition ISBN 1-61577-111-5 (Nov. 2011).
- Obama – The Postmodern Coup: Making of a Manchurian Candidate (April 2008) ISBN 0-930852-88-5.
- Barack H. Obama: The Unauthorized Biography (August 2008) ISBN 0-930852-81-8.
- Japanese edition: March 2009.
- Just Too Weird: Bishop Romney and the Mormon Takeover of America: Polygamy, Theocracy, and Subversion (October 2012) ISBN 1-61577-724-5.
- "Russia's Participation in the U.S. Civil War". C-SPAN. September 24, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "tarpley.net". tarpley.net. July 10, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Masthead". The Campaigner 4 (1) (National Caucus of Labor Committees). Winter 1971.
- Rangel, Jesus (August 9, 1986). "Another Assemblyman Ruled Off Primary Ballot". The New York Times.
- "''World Crisis Radio on GCNLive''". Gcnlive.com. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- Zero: An Investigation Into 9/11 (2008) at IMDb
- "The Versailles Thesis – Roots of WWI". Members.tripod.com. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Dalai Lama Meeting with Obama". Russia Today interview. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- 9/11 Synthetic Terror, Progressive Press, 4th edition, 2007, passim.
- "Tarpley on Syrian Addounia TV". TARPLEY.net / Addounia TV. November 21, 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "9/11, False Flags, Black Ops Evening Debate _ Video". C-SPAN. April 2, 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Konspirasjonsflom etter 22. juli - 22. juli 2011 - Terroren som rammet Norge". NRK (in Norwegian). 07.06.2012. Retrieved 1 September 2014. Check date values in:
- Tarpley, Webster G. (June 18, 2013). "How to identify CIA limited hangout op?". PressTV. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Official website
- Genesis Communications Network: World Crisis Radio (Tarpley's radio show)
- New York Magazine: The Ground Zero Grassy Knoll (article by Mark Jacobson about 9/11 conspiracy theorists that mentions Tarpley)
Audio and video
- Kopp Verlag: "Webster Tarpley" search results (German-language books and DVDs written or produced by Tarpley)