Webster University Thailand
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2015)|
|Webster University (Thailand)|
|President||Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble |
|Location||Cha-Am, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Campus||Rural and urban|
|Colors||Navy, gold, and white|
Webster University in Thailand is an extended international location of Webster University from St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The American-based non-profit  University established its international campus in Thailand in 1999 with an undergraduate campus located near the resort town of Hua Hin in the district of Cha-Am, and additional graduate and undergraduate programs located in Bangkok, Thailand. The facility in Thailand is one of several international campuses associated with Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States. University’s international campuses, study abroad opportunities, international programs, the Confucius Institute, and the Center for International Education are overseen by Grant Chapman, JD. The director of the campus in Thailand is Ratish Thakur.
In the School of Business and Technology, Webster University in Thailand currently offers undergraduate degrees in Business Administration (BS), Management (BA), Management (BA) with an emphasis in International Business, Management (BA) with an emphasis in Marketing and Management (BA) with an emphasis in Human Resources Management . School of Communications offers undergraduate degrees in Media Communications (BA) and Advertising & Marketing Communications (BA). College of Arts and Sciences offers undergraduate degrees in International Relations (BA) and Psychology (BA).
The University currently offers graduate programs for Masters in Business Administration (MBA), Masters in International Relations (MAIR), and a Masters of Media Communications.
Bangkok Academic Center
In addition to the main campus in Cha-am, the University also has offices and classroom facilities at the Bangkok Academic Center on the 4th Floor, EM Space of Empire Tower, Bangkok in Bangkok's business district Sathorn. Masters (MBA, MA International Relations and MA Media Communications) and Undergraduate programs available at the center include Computer Science (BS), Management (BA) with an emphasis in International Business, International Relatins (BA), Animation (BA), and ESL (English as a Second Language).
The university hosts teaching faculty, research professors and adjunct professors from over 15 different countries covering five continents.
Webster University in Thailand is part of the Webster University Worldwide network of international campuses, students enrolled at the campus in Thailand have the option to study at any of Webster's campuses including USA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, China and Ghana.
In addition to own campuses the University holds partnerships with several universities worldwide including Haute École de Bruxelles through the Institut Supérieur de Traducteurs & Interprètes (ISTI), in Brussels, Belgium, Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU), Trier University (UNIVERSITÄT TRIER), in Germany, Trier, Webster-Florence at Kent State University-Florence, Italy, Obirin University (Tokyo), Kansai University (Osaka), The Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara (UAG), Mexico and Oviedo or Uviéu (in Asturian), Spain
Accreditation & Awards
Webster University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which covers the University's campus in Thailand. In addition, the campus in Thailand is accredited locally by Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE). Webster University's School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). In 2013, the Webster University Thailand campus was awarded the "Prime Minister's Business Excellence Award and earned an "excellent" rating from Thailand's Office of National Education Standards and Quality Assessment.
- "Worldwide Webster". http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/asia.html.
- "The Nation". http://www.nationmultimedia.com/smartlife/20060403/.
- "Business Standard". http://www.business-standard.com/article/management/american-degree-from-thailand-106071901099_1.html.
- "Education in Thailand - World Education News & Review". Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/. Missing or empty
- "Director of International Programs". http://www.webster.edu/arts-and-sciences/graduate-programs/internationalrelations/chapman.html.
- "Bangkok Post". http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/428622/.
- "Grant Chapman, M.A., J.D.". http://www.siue.edu/linc/speakers/chapman_biosketch.shtml.
- "Faculty". http://www.webster.ac.th/academics/faculty/.
- "Wordwide network". http://www.iamexpat.nl/read-and-discuss/education/features/webster-university-netherlands-worldwide-network.
- "Webster Wordwide". http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/.
- "Global Higher Education". http://www.globalhighered.org/branchcampuses.php.
- "Higher Learning Commission". https://www.ncahlc.org/component/directory/?Action=ShowBasic&Itemid=&instid=1474&lang=en.
- "Study Abroad". http://www.webster.edu/study-abroad/.
- "Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE)". http://www.inter.mua.go.th/main2/page_detail.php?id=167.