The Weekly Rehearsal
The Weekly Rehearsal or The Rehearsal (1731-1735) was a literary newspaper published in Boston, Massachusetts, in the 1730s. Jeremiah Gridley served as editor and publisher (1731-1733); other publishers/printers included John Draper and Thomas Fleet. In 1735 it was continued by Thomas Fleet's Boston Evening Post.
- Lyon N. Richardson. A History of Early American Magazines, 1741-1789 (New York, 1931. Google books.
- Matthews. 1907
- Notice by Thomas Fleet about change of publishers; cf. Weekly Rehearsal; Date: 04-02-1733
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Weekly Rehearsal (periodical).|
- Isaiah Thomas, Benjamin Franklin Thomas. The history of printing in America: with a biography of printers, and an account of newspapers, Volume 1. J. Munsell, printer, 1874.
- Albert Matthews. Check-list of Boston newspapers, 1704-1780. Colonial Society of Massachusetts, 1907.
- John K. Reeves. Jeremy Gridley, Editor. New England Quarterly, Vol. 17, No. 2 (Jun., 1944), pp. 265-281.
- Charles E. Clark. Boston and the Nurturing of Newspapers: Dimensions of the Cradle, 1690-1741. New England Quarterly, Vol. 64, No. 2 (Jun., 1991).
Announcement of newly elected Boston selectmen, 1733