|Official of Han dynasty|
|Courtesy name||Zijing (Chinese: 子京; pinyin: Zǐjīng; Wade–Giles: Tzu-ching)|
The Shiyu (世語) claimed that Wei Feng was from Pei commandery (沛郡; around present-day Pei County, Xuzhou, Jiangsu), but Wang Chang's Jia Jie (家誡) stated that he was from Jiyin commandery (濟陰郡; around present-day Heze, Shandong). He was recruited into the Han civil service by Zhong Yao and he served as an Assistant in the West Bureau (西曹掾). Before that, he was already known for his talent throughout Ye (in present-day Handan, Hebei), the capital of Cao Cao's vassal kingdom of Wei (魏; covering parts of present-day Hebei and Henan).
While in office, Wei Feng acquainted himself with many others, including: two of Wang Can's sons; Liu Wei (劉偉), a younger brother of Liu Yi (劉廙); Chen Yi (陳禕), the Minister of the Guards of Changle (長樂衞尉).
Around the ninth lunar month of 219, when Cao Cao was away on a campaign against Liu Bei in Hanzhong, Wei Feng plotted a rebellion in Ye together with Chen Yi and others. However, before the plan was carried out, Chen Yi became afraid and he reported the plot to Cao Pi, Cao Cao's heir apparent, who was in charge of Ye during his father's absence. Wei Feng and his accomplices, numbering dozens, were arrested and executed. Those who were implicated include: Zhong Yao, who recommended Wei Feng, was dismissed from his position as the Chancellor (相國) of Cao Cao's vassal kingdom; Wang Can's two sons, who were executed; Liu Wei, who was also executed. At least three persons had foreseen that Wei Feng would rebel: Liu Yi, who cautioned his younger brother against befriending Wei Feng; Fu Xun; Liu Ye, who also accurately predicted that Meng Da would rebel.
- (王昶家誡曰「濟陰魏諷」，而此云沛人，未詳。) Jia Jie annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- (世語曰：諷字子京，沛人，有惑衆才，傾動鄴都，鍾繇由是辟焉。) Shiyu annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- (粲二子，為魏諷所引，誅。後絕。) Sanguozhi vol. 21.
- (魏諷反，廙弟偉為諷所引，當相坐誅。太祖令曰：「叔向不坐弟虎，古之制也。」特原不問，徙署丞相倉曹屬。) Sanguozhi vol. 21.
- (大軍未反，諷潛結徒黨，又與長樂衞尉陳禕謀襲鄴。) Shiyu annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- (未及期，禕懼，告之太子，誅諷，坐死者數十人。) Shiyu annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- (九月，相國鍾繇坐西曹掾魏諷反免。) Sanguozhi vol. 1.
- (廙別傳曰：初，廙弟偉與諷善，廙戒之曰；「夫交友之美，在於得賢，不可不詳。而世之交者，不審擇人，務合黨衆，違先聖人交友之義，此非厚己輔仁之謂也。吾觀魏諷，不脩德行，而專以鳩合為務，華而不實，此直攪世治名者也。卿其慎之，勿復與通。」偉不從，故及於難。) Yi Biezhuan annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 21.
- (及在魏朝，魏諷以才智聞，巽謂之必反，卒如其言。) Fu Zi annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 6.
- (傅子曰：初，太祖時，魏諷有重名，自卿相已下皆傾心交之。其後孟達去劉備歸文帝，論者多稱有樂毅之量。曄一見諷、達而皆云必反，卒如其言。) Fu Zi annotation in Sanguozhi vol. 14.