Weightlifting at the Commonwealth Games
Weightlifting is one of the sports at the quadrennial Commonwealth Games competition. It has been a Commonwealth Games sport since 1950. It is a core sport and must be included in the sporting programme of each edition of the Games.
A total of 17 events were contested at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, 8 for men and 7 for women. The first women's events were introduced in 2002. Between 1990 and 2002 a medal was awarded for each of the snatch and clean and jerk phases and for the combined total, offering as many as 46 gold medals in 2002. Since 2006 medals have only been awarded based on the combined total of both of these phases, as is the case at the Olympics.
All-time medal table
Updated after the 2014 Commonwealth Games
|14||Trinidad and Tobago||2||3||4||9|
|16||Papua New Guinea||2||1||3||6|
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||0||0||1||1|
- Men's +105kg clean and jerk Canada George Kobaladze
- Men's +105kg total Canada George Kobaladze
- Men's 77 kg snatch India Sathish Sivalingam
- Women's 53 kg snatch Nigeria Chika Amalaha
- Women's 53 kg clean and jerk Papua New Guinea Dika Toua
- Women's 58 kg snatch Wales Michaela Breeze
- Women's 58 kg clean and jerk England Zoe Smith
- Women's 75 kg clean and jerk Canada Marie-Ève Beauchemin-Nadeau