Weights and measures act
|This disambiguation page is currently linked from a large number of articles. Please help direct these ambiguous links to articles dealing with the specific meaning intended. Dab solver can be used to fix these links. (April 2015)|
A weights and measures act is a legislative act concerning weights and measures.
The Weights and Measures Act may refer to:
- Various Weights and Measures Acts of the United Kingdom or the various legislative acts preceding them in England, Wales, and Scotland
- R.S. 1985 c. W-6, the Canadian Weights and Measures Act
- Act №XXXI of 1871, the Act to Regulate the Weights and Measures of Capacity of British India
- Act №8 of 1936, the Irish Weights and Measures Act
The Weights and Measures Acts may refer to:
- The Weights and Measures Acts of the United Kingdom, particularly the Weights and Measures Acts of 1878 to 1893
- The Weights and Measures Acts of Ireland, from 1878 to 1936
- The Weights and Measures Acts of India, from 1871 to 1889
Weights and measures acts may also refer to similar legislation in other countries.
In the United States, the National Conference on Weights and Measures functions as a regular meeting of the states and maintains several handbooks which are available at the website of the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Most of the states have enacted these handbooks into law.
- Lyon, Andrew (1873), Law of India, pp. 762–765, retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Weights and Measures Act, 1936". irishstatutebook.ie. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- THE SESSIONAL PAPERS PRINTED BY ORDER OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS, OR PRESENTED BY ROYAL COMMAND, IN THE SESSION 1897. 1897. p. 239. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Weights and Measures". National Institute of Standards and Technology. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
- "Summary of State Laws and Regulations in Weights and Measures" (PDF). National Institute of Standards and Technology. 1 August 2005. Retrieved 20 December 2011.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Weights and measures act.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.