Weilheim in Oberbayern
|Weilheim in Oberbayern|
|Admin. region||Upper Bavaria|
|• Mayor||Markus Loth ("Bürger für Weilheim")|
|• Total||55.44 km2 (21.41 sq mi)|
|Elevation||563 m (1,847 ft)|
|• Density||380/km2 (1,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Weilheim has an old city-wall, historic houses and a museum.
The aeroclub Weilheim-Peißenberg flying at Paterzell airfield is rather successful in glider aerobatics: 2006 German National Champion Markus Feyerabend and Hans-Georg Resch are members of the German national glider aerobatics team.
- Admiral Franz von Hipper was born here and is honorary citizen
- The Notwist, German indie rock band
- Lali Puna, German EBM band
- Thomas Müller, footballer for Bayern Munich and Germany, was born in the area.
- Wilhelm Röntgen had a mansion in Weilheim and is an honorary citizen
Weilheim in Oberbayern is twinned with:
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). 31 December 2012.
- DAeC: German National Team member Markus Feyerabend (in German) - accessed 2008-02-09
- DAeC: German National Team member Hans-Georg Resch (in German) - accessed 2008-02-09
|This Weilheim-Schongau location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|