From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Weismann)
Weißmann (Weissmann, Weiszmann, Waismann) is a German surname meaning "white man". Common variants in spelling are Weismann, Weissman, Weisman, Waismann.
- Charles Weissmann, biochemist
- Irving Weissman, scientist
- August Weismann (1834–1914), German biologist, evolutionary theorist and proposer of the Weismann barrier
- Samuel Isaac Weissman, chemist and professor
- Gerd F. Weissmann, Bell Labs Engineer and researcher
- Max Weismann, American philosopher.
- Joel Weisman (1943–2009), American doctor, one of the first to recognize AIDS
- Friedrich Waismann (1896–1959), Austrian-Jewish mathematician, physicist, and philosopher.
Politics & Law
- Augustus Weismann (1809–1884), New York politician
- Keith Weissman was senior Iran analyst of AIPAC.
- Samuel Weissman, New York Times employee, implicated in McCarthy hearings
- Lee v. Weisman (a Supreme Court case)
- Gerda Weissmann Klein, Holocaust survivor who memoirist, human rights activist and noted speaker
Business & Education
- Joe Weisman & Company
- George Weissman, ex-president of Philip Morris
- Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, part of Baruch College
- Wayne Weissman, former director of Torchbearers International center Ravencrest Chalet
Film & Television
- Jeffrey Weissman, actor
- Adam Weisman (b. 1986), American actor
- Kevin Weisman (b. 1970), American actor
- Robin Weisman (b. 1984), American child actress
- Sam Weisman, American film director
- Nico Weissmann, German footballer
- Steven Weissman, cartoonist
- Greg Weisman (b. 1963), American comic book writer
- Jordan Weisman, American game designer
- Franz Weissmann, Austrian born Brazilian sculptor.
- Frederick Weisman Museum of Art
- Ben Weisman (1921–2007), American composer and pianist
- Joel Weisman (b. 1967), American musician and writer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.