Welcome to Sweden (2014 series)
|Welcome to Sweden|
|Created by||Greg Poehler|
|Country of origin||Sweden|
|Executive producer(s)||Amy Poehler
|Production company(s)||Entertainment One
Marobru Productions Inc.
|Original run||21 March 2014– present|
Welcome to Sweden is a Swedish comedy series that premiered on TV4 in Sweden on March 21, 2014 and will be aired in the USA in late 2014. It is a comedic view of Greg Poehler's life experience, having moved to Sweden to marry and live with a Swedish woman almost a decade ago. The show is broadcast on TV4 in Sweden and will be broadcast on NBC in the USA. NBC confirmed that it would broadcast the series in July of 2014.
On April 7, 2014, TV4 renewed the show for a second season. 
Welcome to Sweden follows New York accountant Bruce as he follows his girlfriend Emma to Sweden.
- Bruce Evans (Greg Poehler), moves from New York to Sweden for love, or more specifically, for his Swedish girlfriend Emma. But he also sees this as an opportunity to start over and do something meaningful with his life, as he no longer wants to be an accountant for spoiled celebrities. Bruce is the son of Wayne Evans (Patrick Duffy), the mayor of a small mid-western town in the USA, and Nancy Evans (Illeana Douglas), housewife. Bruce has rebelled against his conservative and religious upbringing and become a nice, fun, and liberal man who lives his life one day at a time. He is light-hearted and lives by the motto that everything will work out just fine, which means that he always chooses the simplest way out of complicated situations. He is open-minded and social, even though he often ends up in situations where he is questioned.
- Emma Wiik (Josephine Bornebusch), is an intelligent, loving, and fun girl who moves back home to Sweden to start working at a bank after many years in New York. She wants to prove to her mother that she has found her soulmate in Bruce and that their relationship will last longer than two weeks. Emma is the oldest child of Birger Wiik (Claes Månsson) and Viveka Wiik (Lena Olin). Emma's relationship with her mother is complicated, and Viveka sees herself in her daughter and tries to make her fulfill the dreams she had growing up. In her hunt for a grand career she met Bruce, and his background as a celebrity accountant fits her needs perfectly.
- Viveka Wiik (Lena Olin), Emma's mother, an intelligent woman who says that honesty last the longest, no matter the effects.
- Birger Wiik (Claes Månsson), Emma's father, a retired sea captain who is the reincarnation of a typical swedish man; tall, kind and quiet.
- Amy Poehler, portraying herself.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Swedish viewers (millions)|
|1||1||"Avsnitt 1"||Carl Åstrand||Greg Poehler, Josephine Bornebusch, Niclas Carlsson||March 21, 2014||1,695|
|Bruce Evans quits his job as a celebrity accountant in New York to move to Sweden with the love of his life, Emma. Already on his first day he has to face new challenges in his adopted country, and above all, he has to meet his girlfriend's strange family. Bruce arrives at the airport where Emma picks him up; as she has rented out her apartment during her time in the USA, they now have to stay with her family until they can find a new place to live.
Guest star: Amy Poehler
|1||2||"Avsnitt 2"||Carl Åstrand||Greg Poehler, Josephine Bornebusch, Niclas Carlsson||March 28, 2014|
|Bruce and Emma are trying to adapt to their new lives in Sweden, and Bruce tries to learn to speak Swedish. He also meets one of his previous clients, and finds an unexpected friend. 
Guest star: Will Ferrell
|1||3||"Avsnitt 3"||Carl Åstrand||Greg Poehler, Josephine Bornebusch, Niclas Carlsson||April 5, 2014|
|Bruce and Emma finally move into Emma's flat in Stockholm and Bruce must get used to the Swedish cultural differences. The couple do not get the reaction they expected from Swedish Immigration officials when applying for Bruce's residency. Meanwhile, Bruce's belongings arrive from the States, causing more tension in their relationship.
Guest star: Aubrey Plaza
- Andreeva, Nellie. "NBC Acquires Comedy Series 'Welcome To Sweden' From Amy and Greg Poehler, eOne". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Inspelningarna igång av TV4:s nya humorserie Welcome to Sweden - TV4". tv4.se. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Elsa Keslassy @elsakeslassy (2013-10-08). "Mipcom: NBC Nabs Greg Poehler’s ‘Welcome to Sweden’". Variety. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Lindborn, Håkan (2014-03-18). "This is 'Greg Pohler' in Welcome to Sweden". TV4. Retrieved 2014-03-22.
- Lindborn, Håkan (2014-03-19). "This is Emma in Welcome to Sweden". TV4. Retrieved 2014-03-22.
- "TV4 jublar över Welcome to Sweden". Dagens Media. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- "Synposis Episode 1". TV.nu. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Synposis Episode 2". TV.nu. Retrieved 2014-03-22.