Welf II, Count of Swabia
Welf II (c.960/70 - died 10 March 1030) was a Swabian count and a member of the Elder House of Welf. He was a younger son of Rudolf II, Count of Altdorf and Ida of Swabia (daughter of Conrad I, Duke of Swabia).
Welf died in 1030 and was buried at Altdorf.
- Reuter, Timothy. Germany in the Early Middle Ages 800–1056. New York: Longman, 1991.
- B. Schneidmüller: Die Welfen. Herrschaft und Erinnerung (819–1252). (Stuttgart, 2000), pp. 119–123.
- T. Zotz, 'Welf II.,' in: Lexikon des Mittelalters (LexMA), Volume 8 (Munich, 1997), cols. 2143–2144.
- Welf II, Graf von Altdorf (in German)
- Reuter, Germany, p. 203.
- Reuter, Germany, p. 204.
- Zotz, 'Welf II,' col. 2143
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|