|Full name||Weligton Robson Pena Oliveira|
|Date of birth||26 August 1979|
|Place of birth||Fernandópolis, Brazil|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||→ Málaga (loan)||38||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
He started playing professional football already well in his 20s, and spent the vast majority of his career with Málaga. He also competed in Portugal and Switzerland.
Born in Fernandópolis, São Paulo, Weligton started his professional career with Paraná Clube at the age of already 23, joining Portugal's F.C. Penafiel on 13 August 2003 with the club in the second division. After helping it achieve top flight promotion he was an automatic first-choice for a further two seasons, with relegation befalling in 2006.
Subsequently, Weligton signed with Grasshopper Club Zürich. After just one season in Switzerland he was loaned to Spanish second level side Málaga CF, and was an essential defensive unit in another career promotion, only missing four league games out of 42; on 18 June 2008 the move was made permanent as he agreed to a four-year contract, and he scored his first goal for the Andalusians on 17 May of the following year against Sporting de Gijón, in a 1–2 away loss.
An undisputed starter again in 2009–10, Weligton suffered a serious ankle injury on 14 March 2010 in a 0–1 loss at UD Almería, going on to miss the rest of the campaign. He made his 100th league appearance for the club on 16 October, alongside teammate Apoño, in a 1–4 home defeat against Real Madrid.
After the summer signing of Joris Mathijsen, Weligton found himself more often than not as a substitute. His first league appearance in 2011–12 was on 11 December 2011, in a 1−1 home draw against CA Osasuna.
In the 2013 pre-season, Weligton broke his collarbone in a friendly with Aston Villa after a shoulder barge from opposing player Christian Benteke. He was sidelined for several weeks and, on 8 October, extended his contract for a further two years until June 2015.
- "Relatório de transferências internacionais" [International transfers report] (in Portuguese). Brazilian FA. 10 December 2004.
- "Sporting Gijon 2−1 Málaga". ESPN Soccernet. 17 May 2009. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Weligton se pierde lo que queda de temporada" [Weligton loses remainder of season] (in Spanish). Marca. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Apoño y Weligton cumplirán ante el Real Madrid su partido número 100 con el Málaga" [Apoño and Weligton to play 100th game with Málaga against Real Madrid] (in Spanish). Europa Press. 14 October 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Aston Villa 3–2 Málaga: Weligton cae lesionado en la derrota en Villa Park" [Aston Villa 3–2 Málaga: Weligton falls to injury in Villa Park defeat] (in Spanish). Goal.com. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Weligton se fractura una clavícula y será baja varias semanas" [Weligton fractures clavicle and will miss several weeks] (in Spanish). El Mundo Deportivo. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Weligton extends his contract with Málaga CF until 2014/15". Málaga's official website. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Málaga official profile
- Stats and profile at Zerozero
- Weligton Oliveira profile at ForaDeJogo
- BDFutbol profile
- Soccerway profile
- Official website (Spanish)