||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (December 2013)|
|Full name||Wellington Pereira do Nascimento|
|Date of birth||22 April 1984|
|Place of birth||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Striker/Second striker|
|2003||→ Mirassol (loan)|
|2004–2005||→ Paraná (loan)||22||(0)|
|2006||→ Santos (loan)||30||(9)|
|2011||→ Palmeiras (loan)||6||(0)|
|2013||→ West Ham United (loan)||0||(0)|
|2013||→ Criciúma (loan)||24||(11)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:16, 11 January 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in São Paulo, he started as a youth team player with Juventus-SP. He gained experience on loan with Mirassol, Paraná and Santos where he scored nine goals in 30 games. This form brought him to the attention of Spanish club Spanish Second Division club Deportivo Alavés. Moving to Spain in 2006 he remained with Alavés until December 2007 when he returned to his home country to sign for Botafogo. Paulista scored seven league goals in 28 appearances and was part of the Botofogo side which won the Rio Cup.
He signed a contract with Cruzeiro in 2009 and in the same year scored 21 times in 38 appearances to help Cruzeiro finish fourth in Serie A and win the 2009 Minas Gerais State League. Five of his goals came in the Copa Libertadores with Cruzeiro reaching the final before being beaten by Estudiantes. His haul of 10 goals in 30 appearances in 2010 helped Cruzeiro finish second in Serie A and reach the quarter-finals of Copa Libertadores. Loaned to Palmeiras in 2011 Paulista returned to Cruzeiro in 2012 scoring 28 goals in 40 appearances in all competitions before leaving for West Ham United on loan in 2013.
West Ham United
On 11 January 2013 he signed a six month loan deal with West Ham United with an option of a further three years becoming West Ham's fourth signing of the winter 2012-13 transfer window following Joe Cole, Marouane Chamakh and Sean Maguire. Paulista said about his move "I think I can do my best here and I am coming to England to prove to everyone that I am one of the best strikers in Brazil and to get better and better". Paulista was a named substitute for two games for West Ham, against Southampton and Reading, but left the club without having made a first team appearance. 
Return to Brazil: Criciúma
Paulista came to Criciúma after leaving England. Though widely distrusted, he made important goals, forging a good offensive partnership with Lins. This helped to save Tigre from relegation in Brazilian League, in which he scored 11 goals, and became an idol of the team from Santa Catarina. After this good phase, Paulista signed with the famous Brazilian football team: Internacional
Paulista expected to be a new player for Porto Alegre, but had to wait for his release from Cruzeiro, which had control of him. He was finally announced on 26 December 2013 and replaced Leandro Damião, who transferred for Santos FC, substitute in Colorado.
- Rio Cup: 2008
- (Portuguese) canalbotafogo
- (Portuguese) globoesporte
- (Portuguese) zerozero
- (Portuguese) sambafoot
- (English) Wellington Paulista
- "Palmeiras.com.br". Palmeiras.com.br. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "Hammer snap up Wellington". www.whufc.com. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Wellington evita comparação com Dodô". globoesporte.globo.com. 15 December 2007. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Assessor de futebol confirma Wellington Paulista e Ruy no Grêmio - ZH Esportes". Clicrbs.com.br. Retrieved 2013-01-06.
- "West Ham sign Brazilian Wellington Paulista on loan". BBC Sport. Retrieved 11 January 2013.
- "I'm one of the best strikers in Brazil and I will prove it, says West Ham new-boy Paulista". www.dailymail.co.uk. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "Southampton 1-1 West Ham". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "West Ham 4-2 Reading". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "Soccerbase - Wellington Paulista". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- A opinião de quem viu: Wellington Paulista cumpriu sua obrigação com o Criciúma
- Internacional anuncia contratação de Wellington Paulista