Wellington Silva (footballer born 1993)
|Full name||Wellington Alves da Silva|
|Date of birth||6 January 1993|
|Place of birth||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Second striker, Winger|
(on loan from Arsenal)
|2011||→ Levante (loan)||2||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Alcoyano (loan)||16||(3)|
|2012–2013||→ Ponferradina (loan)||20||(3)|
|2013–||→ Murcia (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Wellington Alves da Silva (born 6 January 1993) is a Brazilian footballer who currently plays for Murcia in the Spanish Segunda División, on loan from Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League, as a winger or striker.
On 31 January 2010, he signed for Arsenal. Wellington Silva featured in Arsenal Reserves' match against Manchester United Reserves, in the Platinum One Challenge on 19 August 2010. He played the whole 90 minutes and scored, cutting in from the right to hit the back of the net.
On Thursday 9 December 2010 it was announced that the FA had backtracked on its initial decision to award Wellington Silva his "Special Talent Visa". The next day, it was announced on Arsenal's official website that the club planned to send him out on loan due to the fact he couldn't get a work permit.
Loan to Levante
On 12 January, Arsenal confirmed that Wellington Silva would move to Levante on a loan deal for the rest of the season. He made his debut against Getafe on 29 January coming on as substitute in the 88th minute.
Second Levante Loan
On 10 July 2011, Wellington Silva joined Spanish side Levante for the second time. It was reported on 18 October that Wellington Silva would return to Arsenal in January after an unsuccessful loan spell in which the manager was disappointed with his attitude.
Loan to Ponferradina
On 15 August 2012, Wellington joined Ponferradina on a season-long loan. He scored his first goal for the club in a 0–2 away win at Villarreal in the Copa del Rey second round. Wellington then went a run of eight league games without a goal, although he never started a game in that period.
His first league goal for the club came in a 3–5 defeat to Córdoba. It took him another eight games to find the net, but again he wasn't given a start during that time by the manager. His second league goal came against SD Huesca on 27 April 2013. Seven weeks later he got his third and final Segunda División goal in his final appearance for the club, again from the bench, against CD Lugo.
During his spell at the club, he never started a game but still played a part in 23 games for Ponferradina, scoring 4 goals.
Club career statistics
- As of 12 November 2013
- "Reserves: Manchester United 1–2 Arsenal". Arsenal.com (Arsenal Football Club). 19 August 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- "Wellington to continue progress on loan". Arsenal.com (Arsenal Football Club). 10 December 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- "Wellington loaned out to Spanish side Levante". Arsenal.com (Arsenal Football Club). 12 January 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2011.
- "Arsenal kid Wellington Silva told: Cut out pizzas and Twitter!". Daily Mail (London). 23 February 2011.
- "Wellington Silva ;)".
- "Arsenal loan Wellington to Levante". Arsenal.com (Arsenal Football Club). 10 July 2011. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Wellington Silva profile". FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- Includes FA Cup, Campeonato Carioca, Copa do Brasil, League Cup and FA Community Shield
- UEFA Champions League, Libertadores Cup
- SD Ponferradina official profile (Spanish)
- Arsenal official profile
- BDFutbol profile
- Transfermarkt profile