||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2014)|
|Headquarters||Frederick, Maryland, USA|
|Smith Yewell, (CEO)|
Welocalize is a multinational company based in Frederick, Maryland, USA that provides language localization services. It has over 600 employees worldwide and 12 offices in the US, UK, Germany, Ireland, Japan, and China.
- "GlobalSight" is an open source translation management system (TMS) released under the Apache License 2.0. As of version 7.1 it supports the TMX and SRX 2.0 Localization Industry Standards Association standards. It was developed in the Java programming language and uses a MySQL database. It supports Computer-assisted translation and machine translation.
- "CrowdSight" is a “thin client”, open-source application that sits on top of GlobalSight. To support quick-turn translation of on-demand content, CrowdSight streamlines the translation process by involving the appropriate group of stakeholders or “crowd”.
- "InSight" is a dynamic reporting dashboard that provides real-time intelligence on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to help clients map their localization spending to their business objectives.
The firm has been awarded Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award eight years in a row (2005–2012) , Deloitte and Touche's Technology Maryland Fast 50 award eight years in a row (2001–2008), Deloitte and Touche's Technology National Fast 500 Award four years in a row (2006–2009), and the Canon Preferred Supplier Award. In 2010, Welocalize is recognized as one of the Hottest Washington DC Companies by Lead411.
The Rosetta Foundation
On August 26, 2009, The University of Limerick, the Centre for Next Generation Localisation (CNGL) and Welocalize came together to support the launch of The Rosetta Foundation, a not-for-profit organization with the aim to advance the rights of individuals to access life-critical information in their native languages.
- Welocalize Sets Its Sights on Marketing Translation
- GlobalSight Adds Crowdsourcing to Its Vision
- BusinessNOW Welocalize- localization of web site and software for global trade
- World Trade Center Institute profile of Welocalize
- Welocalize and Clay Tablet Partner on Integration of Open Source Translation Management System
- Welocalize Races to the Middle Tier
- Welocalize founding member of data association
- Welocalize Enters the Translation Management Fray
- Globalization Software Goes Open Source
- ^ 2012 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- ^ 2011 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- ^ 2010 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- About Welocalize
- 2006 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- 2007 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- 2009 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- 2008 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- 2005 Inc. Magazine's Inc. 500/5000 Award
- Welocalize Ranks #13 in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 Program
- Lead411 launches "Hottest DC Area Companies" awards