Welt am Sonntag
Sample front page of Welt am Sonntag
|Owner(s)||Axel Springer AG|
History and profile
It is the Sunday edition of the weekday Die Welt. It features specialist sections on politics, sport, economics, finances, culture, style, journey, engine, real estates, and others.
In 2009, Welt am Sonntag was recognized as one of the "World’s Best-Designed Newspapers" by the Society for News Design, along with four other newspapers. In 2012 the paper was named as the European Newspaper of the Year in the category of nationwide newspapers. In 2013 Welt am Sonntag won the same award, but this time in the category of weekly newspapers.
- 2004–2008: Alan Posener
- Georg Hellack (1992). "Press, Radio and Television in the Federal Republic of Germany" (REPORT). Inter Nationes. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- Steve Dorsey (18 February 2009). "SND30: Five papers named World’s Best-Designed – The Society for News Design". SND. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "14th European Newspaper Award" (PRESS RELEASE). Editorial Design. 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "15th European Newspaper Award". Adnative. 15 November 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Frank Esser (September 1999). "`Tabloidization' of News" (PDF). European Journal of Communication 14 (3). Retrieved 8 April 2015.