Wemyss and District Tramways Company
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wemyss and District Tramways|
|The “Car Shed” East Wemyss, a former tram stop.|
|Open||25 August 1906|
|Close||30 January 1932|
|Track gauge||3 ft 6 in (1,067 mm)|
|Depot(s)||Aberhill, Methil, Fife|
|Route length||7.45 miles (11.99 km)|
The Wemyss Tramway Order of 1905 authorised the construction of this tramway. It was financed by the Wemyss Coal Company, owned by Randolph Wemyss.
The company was acquired by Balfour Beatty in 1922.
- 1-13 Brush Electrical Engineering Company 1906
- 14-17 Milnes Voss 1907
- 18-19 Brush Electrical Engineering Company 1925
- 20-21 Brush Electrical Engineering Company 1928 (second hand from the Potteries Electric Traction Company)
- 22-29 ex Kirkcaldy Corporation Tramways
Services were closed on 30 January 1932.
- The Golden Age of Tramways. Published by Taylor and Francis.
- The Golden Age of Buses, Charles, Klapper, 1984
- Fifeshire, Cambridge County Geographical