McLendon-Covey in 2012
|Born||Wendy Anne McLendon
October 10, 1969
Bellflower, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, comedienne, writer, producer|
|Spouse(s)||Greg Covey (1996–present)|
Wendi Anne McLendon-Covey (born October 10, 1969) is an American actress, writer, producer and comedian. She is best known for her roles as Deputy Clementine Johnson in the Comedy Central series Reno 911! (2003–2008), as Liz on CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement (2010–2013) and as Beverly Goldberg in the ABC comedy series The Goldbergs (2013–present). In film, McLendon-Covey is best known for her role as Rita in the 2011 comedy film Bridesmaids.
Life and career
Early life and career
McLendon-Covey was born Wendy Anne McLendon in Bellflower, California. She graduated from California State University with a Bachelor of Liberal Studies and Creative Writing. She received her Screen Actors Guild card while in lingerie promoting NBC sitcom Just Shoot Me!.
McLendon-Covey is well known for her ability as an improvisational actress. She was a member of The Groundlings Theater in Los Angeles from 2002 to 2009. While a member of the Groundlings, McLendon-Covey was a classmate of comedians Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, with whom she would later star in the film Bridesmaids.
From 2003 to 2008, McLendon-Covey starred as Deputy Clementine Johnson on the Comedy Central television series Reno 911!, and resulted in a 2007 film. She also starred in the Lifetime comedy show Lovespring International in 2006 and has provided commentary for E!, TV Guide Channel, and VH1. In 2007 she starred in the comedy film Reno 911!: Miami, based on Comedy Central's Reno 911!, and also appeared in Bewitched (2005), and Over Her Dead Body (2008). She produced, wrote and starred in the 2007 independent comedy film Cook-Off!. McLendon-Covey also guest-starred on television series such as The Office, 10 Things I Hate About You, and Cougar Town.
Bridesmaids and current career
In 2011, McLendon-Covey starred in the financially successful and critically lauded comedy film Bridesmaids with Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy and Ellie Kemper. Beginning in July that same year, she began starring in national TV ads for a new campaign by Hillshire Farm. From 2010 to 2013, she had a recurring role on the CBS sitcom Rules of Engagement. She also had guest-starring roles in Fox's short-lived sitcom I Hate My Teenage Daughter, TV Land' Hot in Cleveland, and ABC's Modern Family.
McLendon-Covey appeared in the 2012 romantic comedy What to Expect When You're Expecting, directed by Kirk Jones, as well had cameo in Steven Soderbergh's movie Magic Mike. She will have roles in the Christmas comedy movie A White Trash Christmas about a white-trash mom visited by three ghosts intent on showing her a path to a brighter future, and in the comedy-drama film Claire's Cambodia directed by Academy Award-nominated and Emmy-winning Stacy Sherman about three estranged sisters dealing with the death of their father. She also starred in the 2012 comedy pilot Waffle Hut.
In February 2012, McLendon-Covey was cast opposite Goldie Hawn in the HBO comedy pilot The Viagra Diaries, created by Sex and the City creator and executive producer Darren Star, but when Hawn exited the pilot, McLendon-Covey also left the show. After she received five offers, she won the female lead role on ABC's comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses with John Leguizamo and Christopher Lloyd. She also played one of the leads in Tyler Perry's film The Single Moms Club, which opened on March 14, 2014. Also she starred in A Friggin' Christmas Miracle as Robin Williams' daughter, Blended as Drew Barrymore's character best friend., and appeared in Think Like a Man Too.
|2006||Lovespring International||Lydia Mayhew||Series regular, 13 episodes|
|2008||Greek||Connie||Episode: "Spring Broke"|
|2003–2008||Reno 911!||Deputy Clementine Johnson||Series regular, 73 episodes|
|2008||The Office||Concierge Marie||Episode: "Business Trip"|
|2008||Kath & Kim||Lucy||Episode: "Friends"|
|2009||10 Things I Hate About You||Vivian||Episodes: "Light My Fire" and " Dance Little Sister"|
|2009||Wizards of Waverly Place||Dr. Ice||Episode: "Three Monsters"|
|2011||Cougar Town||Vice Principal||Episode: "You're Gonna Get It!"|
|2011||I Hate My Teenage Daughter||Deanna||Episodes: "Pilot" and "Teenage Girlfriends"|
|2010–2013||Rules of Engagement||Liz||Recurring role, 14 episodes|
|2012||Hot in Cleveland||Sandy||Episode: "God and Football"|
|2012||Wedding Band||Barb Henderson||Episode: "I Don't Wanna Grow Up"|
|2012||Waffle Hut||Reba||TV Pilot|
|2012||Only Fools And Horses||Ruby Ross||TV Pilot|
|2012||The Looney Tunes Show||Patricia Bunny||voice|
|2012–2013||Modern Family||Pam||Episodes: "Schooled" and "The Wow Factor"|
|2013–present||The Goldbergs||Beverly Goldberg||Series regular|
- "Wendy A McLendon, Born 10/10/1969 in California". CaliforniaBirthIndex.org. 1969-10-10. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- "Wendi McLendon-Covey Biography". Tvguide.com. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- Biography for Wendi McLendon-Covey on IMDB
- Conversations with Ross: Featuring Wendy McLendon-Covey RossCarey.com
- "Wendi McLendon-Covey | Movies and Biography - Yahoo Movies". Movies.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- Hillshire Farm(R) Introduces Brand New Campaign That is "So Good. They'll Think It's for Them" MarketWatch (July 5, 2011). Retrieved on 9-25-11.
- Kelsea Stahler, Exclusive: We Chat With 'Rules of Engagement's' Wendi McLendon-Covey, Hollywood.com, October 08, 2011
- Masters, Megan (2011-09-13). "Exclusive: I Hate My Teenage Daughter Casts Bridesmaids Scene-Stealer". TVLine. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- Tanner Stransky, 'Bridesmaids' comedienne to guest star on 'Hot in Cleveland' -- EXCLUSIVE, Entertainment Weekly, November 14, 2011
- Nadel, Nick (2012-08-13). "'Modern Family': Wendi McLendon-Covey to guest as a lesbian mom | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-12-31.
- Rose, Lacey; Kit, Borys (July 13, 2011). "'Bridesmaids' Star Wendi McLendon-Covey Joins 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter (Prometheus Global Media). Retrieved July 23, 2011.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (September 6, 2011). "'Bridesmaids' Actress Signs on for 'Magic Mike'". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Scott Harris,'Bridesmaids' Star Wendi McLendon-Covey Gets 'Trash'ed, nextmovie.com, November 8, 2011
- Brian Brooks, Mary Kay Place, Sarah Paulson, Mamie Gummer Set For ‘Claire’s Cambodia’, Deadline.com, March 1, 2012
- 'Bridesmaid' Wendi McLendon-Covey Falls For 'Magic Mike'
- Nellie Andreeva, ‘Bridesmaids’ Wendi McLendon-Covey Cast In Goldie Hawn’s HBO Pilot ‘Viagra Diaries’, Deadline.com, February 8, 2012
- Nellie Andreeva,‘Bridesmaids’ Wendi McLendon-Covey To Co-Star In ABC Pilot ‘Only Fools & Horses’ Deadline.com, March 7, 2012
- Kristina Bustos, 'Only Fools and Horses' US casts 'Bridesmaids' Wendi McLendon-Covey, Digital Spy, March 7, 2012
- Jeff Sneider, McLendon-Covey married to 'Single Mom's Club, Variety, November 8, 2012
- Tyler Perry Casting Up 'Single Mom's Club' Adds 'Bridesmaids' Star Wendi McLendon-Covey, IndieWire, November 8, 2012
- Lucas Shaw (March 18, 2013). "‘Bridesmaids’ Actress, Tim of ‘Tim & Eric’ Join Robin Williams, Joel McHale in Yule Comedy (Exclusive)". The Wrap. Retrieved March 19, 2013.
- "'Bridesmaids' Actress Joins Adam Sandler Comedy for Warner Bros. (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies". Thewrap.com. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- Hibberd, James. "Casting Net: Alec Baldwin for Cameron Crowe pic; Plus Ethan Hawke, more | Inside Movies | EW.com". Insidemovies.ew.com. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- 0 Like2 Dislike6 May 28, 2013 by Brian Gallagher (2013-05-28). "Think Like a Man Too Begins Production in Las Vegas". MovieWeb.com. Retrieved 2013-07-21.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey To Star In Adam Goldberg’s 1980s Comedy Pilot At ABC
- Wendi McLendon-Covey cast in Adam Goldberg's ABC comedy pilot
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wendi McLendon-Covey.|
- Wendi McLendon-Covey at the Internet Movie Database
- Wendi McLendon-Covey on Twitter
- Wendi McLendon-Covey at AllMovie
- Wendi McLendon-Covey at TVGuide.com