|Address||101 Wendover Blvd
West Wendover, NV 89883
|Number of rooms||426 standard, 64 Suites|
|Total gaming space||47,500 sq ft (4,410 m2)|
|Owner||Mr. David Ensign|
The Wendover Nugget is a hotel and casino located in West Wendover, Nevada. In addition to the Montego Bay Resort, it is located right on the border line between Utah and Nevada. There is a connecting skyway between the Nugget and the Montego Bay.
The origins of the first building at this location dates back to 1926 when William "Bill" Smith opened up a service station and then in 1931 expanded it when gambling became legal. He then named it the Stateline Casino. From 2002-2004 it was named the Stateline Nugget. Then after changing ownership in 2004, the casino was renamed to what is now called the Wendover Nugget.
On October 14, 2007, Carlos Garcia-Castillijos was murdered. During a fight between him and his wife, two brothers intervened, and were suspected of killing Carlos. The two suspects in the case were apprehended by police in Utah.
- "Wendover Nugget Casino starts up in West Wendover".
- "History of Casinos in West Wendover".
- "KSL article attempted Robbery of Wendover Nugget".
- "Attempted Robbery of Wendover Nugget". Deseret News. August 3, 2007.
- "KSL article murder at Wendover Nugget".
- "Elko Daily article murder at Wendover Nugget".